Hurley's Gold

Whats the least pleasant gun you've shot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A citizen my late Dad had helped-out in WWII France had given him a JP Sauer Sohns 16GA “Dr DWZ Habicht” box-lock “Ejector” double grouse gun. It was a beautiful piece, case hardened, selective ejectors, Euro walnut furniture w/ cheek-piece, swivel rings for a sling. Barrels patterned “”extra full” and improved-modified. It was a real beauty & very lightweight, but it kicked like a Missouri mule. Dad gave it to to me when I was 12. I grew-up wit a black-&-blue right shoulder. Gun was stolen from a South Texas gunshop around 1977 and never returned.
    DK Firearms

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    0986adf9ae4bf0f6091f8adf1f379f4b.gif

I believe this feller is trying out a .577 Tyranasor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    Was the original 97# weakling at 13. Dad took us to far away places. Imagine clutching a 12ga martini single barrel with a metal buttplate, bouncing across the landscape in the spare tire on the front of a Landrover driven by a stoned, drunk peace corps teenager. I lined up, dropped the hammer and woke up in a thorn bush. BIG thorns. Still have slivers in my butt. First and only time I ever 'went into battle' with an untried weapon. The bustard roasted up good though. 1961 was a good year.

schmellba99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Houston & San Antonio
    For me, it's my JM stamped .45-70 1895. No recoil pad, no brake, no nada - just pure old fashioned hate on your shoulder when you pull the trigger and send 350 grains of lead out the muzzle at about 1900 or so FPS, give or take. It just isn't fun to shoot in any capacity. My .300 WSM that also doesn't have any recoil mitigation on it is a close second - that thing snaps, and if you don't have it tight against your shoulder, your teeth hurt after.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    45 acp hi point carbine. It punches your cheek with every shot and the pistol grip is God awful.

But it does sling a 230gn pill at around 1150 fps through a supressor, so it hangs around in the safe.

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    Couldn't stand the Beretta 92. Not that it's horrible, well, maybe it was, it just didn't fit my hand and wasn't fun to shoot, I finished a single box of ammo, and got rid of it.

Tonyt915

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Houston
    S&W model 29 with 10 5/8 barrel. Guy I got it from gave me a box of ammo that must have been hot. First shot just about ripped the gun from my hands. Held on much tighter the second and third round and thought I broke my thumb. It was almost two that I couldn’t hold a pen to write. Was several years before I shot it again.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom