• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Homemade pasta sauce w wine, Italian sausage, fresh garlic. I’m getting down right domesticated. I even bought some fresh grated Parmesan cheese.

View attachment 336141
    Once I aked my chef friend why he was buying a jar sauce. He said that they had thought of all the hard stuff like acidity & overall flavor profile. He went on to say it's consistent when most canned tomato products are not. He said find a jar you tweek it then STFU.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'm one of those people now... Air fried pork loin crusted with pork panko and parmesan.

I'm using the air fryer more often these days because it doesn't heat up the kitchen as much as the stove and oven, and I don't want to go outside and grill with it being 107° out :laughing:

1659546508412.png

1659546524665.png

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    Tonight is our weekly “Aint We Healthy” artery-friendly meal. Big salad with lettuce strawberries, apple, ground pecans, blueberries and homemade bread. Tomorrow we’ll get back to our normal “Almost Healthy” regimen.:stir:

Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)
    Zombie-Apocalypse rice.
    Garlic and onion rice, add 2x 12.5oz cans of chicken, cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, and throw some frozen veggies in...
    Kind of like a cheesey-rice bake, or tater-tot-casserole, but in one pot, and just mix it.

I haven't done the garlic-onion & chicken-stock rice with this yet, and usually make a stew with Bok Choy, celery, and some other veggies,
    going a little dryer tonight, and adding peas and soy beans, as I always use what I have when I do this...

Rice smells wonderful, so I am assuming this will be even better tonight.

I actually started doing this as a way to use stored ingredients before they went bad (the date on the can-bad, anyways, most of us know if it isn't swelling, or dented, canned goods are usually good WAY past the expiry date).

I called it Zombie-Apocalypse stew (named for the people at the store I saw panicked, with carts full of whatever ass-wiping paper towels/napkins they could find, and none were buying fresh veggies, nor 18-packs of eggs [the only thing in the dairy section], but for some reason they weren't buying them), and thrown together toward the 2nd/3rd QTR of 2020, as this was when the shelves were bone-dry, but since we store some emergency tornado supplies, we have to rotate them, and the stores always had some fresh veggies, so I used what was available, and needed to be rotated/used.

Top Bottom