• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Looks like a day of fasting for me. The wifes colonoscopy is today. No sense in cooking anything for he to smell. Afterwards I doubt she's going to be hungry. If she comes home I think we will have steak & eggs for breakfast tomorrow with fried spuds. Then I'll have to go shopping.
    Guns International

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON
    Looks like a day of fasting for me. The wifes colonoscopy is today. No sense in cooking anything for he to smell. Afterwards I doubt she's going to be hungry. If she comes home I think we will have steak & eggs for breakfast tomorrow with fried spuds. Then I'll have to go shopping.

Best of luck.

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Hope all goes well sir. May she get to feeling better soon.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Making a meatloaf mainly for sammiches. The wife still aint eating much, other a few eggs for breakfat then ham + turkey sammiches around 2:00.

The big question Ketchup on top, If not white or brown gravy? Yea I would rather be lacing it up in bacon for the smoker, but that aint always an option.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Making a meatloaf mainly for sammiches. The wife still aint eating much, other a few eggs for breakfat then ham + turkey sammiches around 2:00.

The big question Ketchup on top, If not white or brown gravy? Yea I would rather be lacing it up in bacon for the smoker, but that aint always an option.
    That's how my Mom made meatloaf ketchup on top.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    One of the store I worked at want samples from the service meat case out for customers. We made a couple different size meat loaf & they sold great when sampling.

One lady came up once and was rather overdressed for that location. To keep the meat loaf from drying out under a heat lamp, I would cover it in ketchup. She took a sample of the meat loaf and just couldn't believe how good the sauce was I had on it. She asked about it & told her cheap ketchup. She acted as if she never had ketchup before.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019

Brown gravy for meatloaf, along with mashed potatoes and green beans.
    So did my stepmom.

Personally, I'm just not a fan of ketchup on the top of meatloaf. When the wife makes meatloaf, she only puts ketchup on half of it so that I can have it without the ketchup.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    That was some damn fine meatloaf I made. I was so hungry I just ate a couple of slices. I put ketchup in top & thought it really made the loaf.

So who use what fillers? I used bread crumbs on this one, but have used various cracker crumbs, raw oat meal, rice, even put diced spuds in it.

This one got no onions or peppers diced into it. I think they are great except in sammich meat loaf. To me they make it too crumbly for a sammich.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    That was some damn fine meatloaf I made. I was so hungry I just ate a couple of slices. I put ketchup in top & thought it really made the loaf.

So who use what fillers? I used bread crumbs on this one, but have used various cracker crumbs, raw oat meal, rice, even put diced spuds in it.

This one got no onions or peppers diced into it. I think they are great except in sammich meat loaf. To me they make it too crumbly for a sammich.
    Usually we use bread crumbs as filler along with a couple of eggs. But we have used crushed crackers, crushed corn flakes, potato flakes and oatmeal.

Top Bottom