• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Rather then wrapping the pork butts & sit out side any longer I brought them into the house to get them up to 200+ in the oven.

The house is smelling like a Bar B Que joint.I just checked them and they are at 177ish. Lots of juice on the bottom of the big foil pan.

I'd take a picture but the phones battery was about gone so I put it on the charger. Phuc it might ed up being a really long day for my old fat ass.

I have the feeling this might be one of the best Seniors Lunches at the VFD. The ladies that do most of the cooking, making desserts & serving said get small buns because of the old folks. The way the house smells I think a lot of guys might want more then one small sammich.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    13 hours from lightning the fire to pulling it all down. I can tell y’all this was a lot of work and I won’t even bitch about the price of a sammich.
    IMG_1538.jpeg
    IMG_1539.jpeg

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Had leftovers a few min. ago… but they were yummy

Yesterday, Mrs. Iowashooter made baked pork chops (seared brown first) on a bed of chopped onions, apples and celery... with a side of green beans to top it off.

After washing all windows in the house today (inside and out)… I’m beat. The leftovers have put me in a food coma.
    I've seen other recipes that included onions and apples. Sounds very creative and very contrasting flavors for sure. Didn't say whether onions are red, white or yellow but I have a feeling they would all work. Tell Mrs Iowashooter her recipe does sound yummy as you describe.

Top Bottom