• ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Our local Gun Shops are extremely important community assets. Those who engage in this business are often abused by authorities, bureaucrats, competitors, and even customers.

These are my “rules” of Gun Shop “etiquette”; I am not any authority or ‘’expert’’, so you do what you think best. These are just suggestions.

1) Wether you are new to the Shop, or vice-versa; go in during a slow time for them and introduce yourself to the owner or manager.

2) Do not tell them any “stories’ unless brief and pertinent to a purchase or service.

3) Don’t handle or ask to handle any weapon unless you are seriously considering buying it then.

4) Clear any weapon and open chamber; enter with weapon pointed only in a safe direction, anyway. If you must hand them a loaded carry weapon, ask if you should go outside to clear it, then return.

5) Ask about credit & credit card policies before needing them.

6) They already know how much Academy sells it for. You shouldn’t remind them.

7) Get all needed instruction from them, if they have a range.

8) I never leave a shop without BUYING something, even if batteries, a cap, or extra ammo.

Please remember that Gun Shops are local small businesses. Owners & employees are our neighbors, follow the “Golden Rule”. One of the reasons many of us are willing to pay a bit more is their SERVICE. Just try to get a repair done on the evening before season opener at a Walmart of an Academy.

Now entering my fallout cave. . . . . .

leVieux

<>
    Venture Surplus ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    <>

Our local Gun Shops are extremely important community assets. Those who engage in this business are often abused by authorities, bureaucrats, competitors, and even customers.

These are my “rules” of Gun Shop “etiquette”; I am not any authority or ‘’expert’’, so you do what you think best. These are just suggestions.

1) Wether you are new to the Shop, or vice-versa; go in during a slow time for them and introduce yourself to the owner or manager.

2) Do not tell them any “stories’ unless brief and pertinent to a purchase or service.

3) Don’t handle or ask to handle any weapon unless you are seriously considering buying it then.

4) Clear any weapon and open chamber; enter with weapon pointed only in a safe direction, anyway. If you must hand them a loaded carry weapon, ask if you should go outside to clear it, then return.

5) Ask about credit & credit card policies before needing them.

6) They already know how much Academy sells it for. You shouldn’t remind them.

7) Get all needed instruction from them, if they have a range.

8) I never leave a shop without BUYING something, even if batteries, a cap, or extra ammo.

Please remember that Gun Shops are local small businesses. Owners & employees are our neighbors, follow the “Golden Rule”. One of the reasons many of us are willing to pay a bit more is their SERVICE. Just try to get a repair done on the evening before season opener at a Walmart of an Academy.

Now entering my fallout cave. . . . . .

leVieux

<>
    FUNNY HOW SOMEONE WITH THE LEAST AMOUNT OF CIVILITY WANTS TOEDUCATE OTHERS ON THEIR MANNERS!

Top Bottom