Texas SOT

What will they come up with next? CCW upgrades. LCP Max and Shield Plus.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Bumped up the round count on my most carried carry guns. Getting those double stack mags to fit single stack frames was a feat across the board. Is this he pinnacle of the super compacts? I'd go so far as to say the Glock 19 is just about dead as far as ccw is concerned. The Gen 1 LCP still has a place (albeit, less frequent) due to its super slim profile but I think the Gen 1 Shield is going out to pasture.

carry.jpg

nickgibson72

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Houston
    Comparing these to a Glock 19 is pretty off. I personally hate shooting micros or super compacts. Not an enjoyable experience at all. I'll take a bigger frame all day. Still easy to conceal carry and the longer barrel makes it much more accurate. There's a reason the Glock 19 has been the go to CCW for so many people. It's not going anywhere.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Comparing these to a Glock 19 is pretty off. I personally hate shooting micros or super compacts. Not an enjoyable experience at all. I'll take a bigger frame all day. Still easy to conceal carry and the longer barrel makes it much more accurate. There's a reason the Glock 19 has been the go to CCW for so many people. It's not going anywhere.
    If you wanna carry a brick....carry a brick.

1638674482625.png

Last edited:

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I've had a Ruger LCP for a long time and I got the LCP Max when it came out. Basically, the same size with the Max being a little thicker.
    Both conceal very well with most any clothing you choose. I always pocket carry mine. Yes, if I find myself in the position of needing a gun, I'd rather have a larger caliber and a larger handgun. Hell, if I find myself in that position, I'd want a rifle.
    But, for around the house carry and to carry at night for walking the dog before bed time, I find the LCP Max ideal.

Max2.jpg

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I don't expect shooting my LCP or P938 to be an enjoyable experience. When I want an enjoyment I shoot a 1911. My small pistols get carried for one reason, they are small.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Are you ok?

AR1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    I also traded my LCP gen 1 off and bought a new LCP MAX. It's definitely bigger in my pocket and a bit harder to draw, but it's a big improvement in trigger, sights and of course capacity.

I traded the LCP for a Keltec P32, which I had been missing. Smallest pocket carry in a barely acceptable caliber.
    Between the two, I think I have most of my low- and mid-level threat areas covered.

As for G19s, I keep one in my primary vehicle console and one in the nightstand. I have considered moving to M&Ps or Shields just to get a manual safety, but haven't yet.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    My days of lugging around my G19 are almost over.

I carry at all times (ok, not in bed, but attached to it...) and these days it's with a 'small-ish' semi-auto, which is not quite micro...though small enough to be comfortable to carry doing yard work with good capacity...12+1.

Sneering at those who still carry larger framed guns is a rather odd condescension...

AR1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    I'm a bit envious of those who can carry a G19 or 1911 concealed. I can't, or at least I'm not will to change my manner of dress as drastically as would be required. That 12-round 380, along with a fairly safe lifestyle and good situation awareness makes me comfortable with my choices.

I do keep a paddle holster with my G19s for the unlikely event I need to step up the hardware.

nickgibson72

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Houston
    I don't expect shooting my LCP or P938 to be an enjoyable experience. When I want an enjoyment I shoot a 1911. My small pistols get carried for one reason, they are small.
    Totally agree. I have a 938 as well that I use when I am wearing running or swimming shorts. I'm all for the deep carry guns under the right conditions

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Sneering at those who still carry larger framed guns is a rather odd condescension...
    No sneering. From a ccw standpoint, I think the G19 is trending towards obsolensence due to the fact that much easier guns to carry can hold close to or as many rounds. The other guy disagrees. Anybody can carry whatever they feel confortable with. More power to him but it ain't for me.

nickgibson72

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Houston
    No sneering. From a ccw standpoint, I think the G19 is trending towards obsolensence due to the fact that much easier guns to carry can hold close to or as many rounds. The other guy disagrees. Anybody can carry whatever they feel confortable with. More power to him but it ain't for me.
    I will agree that small guns able to hold higher capacities are becoming more popular and prevalent. I totally see the appeal in them. I just think a larger frame and barrel make shooting accurate much easier. With the right setup, anything can be concealed. While doing private security, I saw many "old timers" concealing full size 1911s and revolvers.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Though I'm a relatively big guy, I've always preferred small guns, especially on the range. They present a challenge not unlike running with weights or hiking with heavy packs. When you master a small gun, the bigger ones are easy.

That, and I grew up on James Bond movies. If he can take out armies with a PPK, I should be able to handle a few perps with a LCR 9mm....

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

nickgibson72

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Houston
    Mine was a serious question.
    I was wondering what you did with the gun when you got in the water.
    I have a pool so It usually isn't an issue to leave it under my towel. If I do go to the beach (very rare that happens) I would be doing off body carry anyway so it would be in my pack.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    This whole small gun, large capacity fever fascinates me. You say you carry a small pistol but you want it to shoot a large number of rounds. A friend of mine is a retired Dallas cop. During his service he was involved in three active shooter events. He said each event was over in seconds and his revolver only held 6 rounds. He said he never needed more than two or three rounds to get the job done.
    We as a society get hung up on what is new and popular, not so much common sense these days.
    As they say "to each his own". The firearms manufacturers love you guys.

Top Bottom