• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    “Gun Control”

Having watched these tactical battles for decades, and interacted with our Young the same decades; I have learned that our side’s always being on the defensive against every hare-brained leftist scheme has diverted us from what is much more important in the long-run, the education or re-education of our Nation’s Young.

As our USA becomes more “urbanized”, fewer & fewer families hunt or shoot; indeed, many urban families eschew even our long tradition of guns in homes.

All of our children go to schools. Schools are mostly run by leftist union “educators”, virtually all “useful idiots”; or by well-meaning but ignorant religious folk who can’t recall “Sell your cloak & buy a sword” while preaching “Turn the other cheek”.

While we busy ourselves with anti-anti “bump stock” proposals & magazine capacity quibbles, our children are slowly being poisoned with little note being taken.

It is no longer adequate to only teach our own kids. We must reach-out to extended family children, neighbors, Boy Scouts, etc.

“Take a child shooting”; teach them, don’t wait.

Out time is running-out rapidly; we MUST go on offense and stay there.

We must DEMAND that “Judges” stop neutering our 2A. We must speak-up, not to our reason-deaf oponnents, but to America’s children.

Our children must control their own futures; we have to teach them WHY & HOW.

leVieux
    Capitol Armory ad

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    So who can point to local shooting clubs that have active outreach programs for youth? Let's start a list.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I think this will mesh well here and not "hijack" the intent of the thread.
    A good friend shared this video of Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin responding to the question of more gun control...

I don’t believe I’ve ever heard a politician speak and come so close to mirroring my personal feelings.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think this will mesh well here and not "hijack" the intent of the thread.
    A good friend shared this video of Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin responding to the question of more gun control...

Slightly off of my topic, but excellent reply to an asinine libtard.

I am from an age when we were required to carry razor-sharp pocket knives, frequently had guns in our cars at school, yet NEVER saw a gun or a knife used in anger against another person.

As Professor Thomas Sowell once said "The recent history of America is that of replacing things that work with things that sound good" !

leVieux

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I have 4 grandkids to teach, 2 girls and 2 boys. Taught both my daughters then the Marines and Army taught them too. Both served in Afghanistan. Still go shooting with them. My youngest daughter just bought their daughter a 22 rifle and is teaching her.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have 4 grandkids to teach, 2 girls and 2 boys. Taught both my daughters then the Marines and Army taught them too. Both served in Afghanistan. Still go shooting with them. My youngest daughter just bought their daughter a 22 rifle and is teaching her.

Great!
    Please take non-family youngsters with little or no prior firearms exposure shooting or plinking with you.

leVieux

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    No can do. Unless their parents come and be responsible for them. I don't even take the grand kids unless their parent(s) come. I can only manage one of them at a time at the range. Got to have that one on one.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The approach on how to educate people about guns, not just children, but adults is important too. If you start a conversation with "You're an idiot" you've probably already shut down their ability to listen rationally. You have to ask why they believe the way they do to understand where the misinformation came from, and then you can possibly reason with them with facts. Putting people on the defensive often shuts down the conversation to understanding your point of view.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I wonder how the pop tart pistol kid feels about guns now?
    Gonna take a lot of work to undo the damage.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The approach ... is important ... . ... You have to ask why...
    Truer words have never been spoken.

Ask why. Listen. Ask why, again. Listen. Allow the person doing nearly all the talking (hint - not us) to run themselves into a brick wall where their own logic fails. They'll discover something closer to the truth and, because they discovered it, they'll believe it.

Teaching about gun rights, outside an academic setting, isn't a matter of teaching. It's a matter of gently guiding people to discovering the truth for themselves.

What people teach themselves, they embrace. We really need to keep that in mind at all times.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom