Join TexasGunTalk

What we MUST DO !

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by leVieux, Nov 24, 2018.

1. leVieux

leVieux Old Guy "Have Gun; Won't Travel !"

Mar 28, 2013
    Saint Martinville, LA
    “Gun Control”

Having watched these tactical battles for decades, and interacted with our Young the same decades; I have learned that our side’s always being on the defensive against every hare-brained leftist scheme has diverted us from what is much more important in the long-run, the education or re-education of our Nation’s Young.

As our USA becomes more “urbanized”, fewer & fewer families hunt or shoot; indeed, many urban families eschew even our long tradition of guns in homes.

All of our children go to schools. Schools are mostly run by leftist union “educators”, virtually all “useful idiots”; or by well-meaning but ignorant religious folk who can’t recall “Sell your cloak & buy a sword” while preaching “Turn the other cheek”.

While we busy ourselves with anti-anti “bump stock” proposals & magazine capacity quibbles, our children are slowly being poisoned with little note being taken.

It is no longer adequate to only teach our own kids. We must reach-out to extended family children, neighbors, Boy Scouts, etc.

“Take a child shooting”; teach them, don’t wait.

Out time is running-out rapidly; we MUST go on offense and stay there.

We must DEMAND that “Judges” stop neutering our 2A. We must speak-up, not to our reason-deaf oponnents, but to America’s children.

Our children must control their own futures; we have to teach them WHY & HOW.

leVieux

ekim, Big Dipper, Charlie and 8 others like this.
  2. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    So who can point to local shooting clubs that have active outreach programs for youth? Let's start a list.

3. Texan-in-Training

Texan-in-Training Well-Known

Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    I think this will mesh well here and not "hijack" the intent of the thread.
    A good friend shared this video of Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin responding to the question of more gun control...

orbitup, crash83, ekim and 1 other person like this.
  4. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    There's some good stuff in that video. There's some insanely stupid stuff, too, but the overall message was a good one. It's best I not elaborate because that will result in a complete thread hijack. :)

5. TxStetson

TxStetson Usually Here TGT Supporter Lifetime Member

I don’t believe I’ve ever heard a politician speak and come so close to mirroring my personal feelings.

BuzzinSATX likes this.
  6. lightflyer1

lightflyer1 Active Member

May 2, 2015
    This is a good program and is available all over. Find one near you and take a kid.

https://appleseedinfo.org/

I just bought a 22 rifle for my 11 year old grandson to start taking him.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    Lost Spurs and 308nato like this.
  7. leVieux

Mar 28, 2013
    Saint Martinville, LA
    Slightly off of my topic, but excellent reply to an asinine libtard.

I am from an age when we were required to carry razor-sharp pocket knives, frequently had guns in our cars at school, yet NEVER saw a gun or a knife used in anger against another person.

As Professor Thomas Sowell once said "The recent history of America is that of replacing things that work with things that sound good" !

leVieux

BuzzinSATX likes this.
  8. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    leVieux likes this.
  9. lightflyer1

lightflyer1 Active Member

May 2, 2015
    I have 4 grandkids to teach, 2 girls and 2 boys. Taught both my daughters then the Marines and Army taught them too. Both served in Afghanistan. Still go shooting with them. My youngest daughter just bought their daughter a 22 rifle and is teaching her.

BuzzinSATX and leVieux like this.
  10. leVieux

Mar 28, 2013
    Saint Martinville, LA

Great!
    Please take non-family youngsters with little or no prior firearms exposure shooting or plinking with you.

leVieux