• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SilverSlayer98

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2020
    US
    I just sold some guns and want something new. Part of me is thinking suppressor and a shotgun, another part of me says sniper, and the other part says benelli M4. I definitely want a shotgun or long range rifle. I have $2300 any suggestions?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    That's a wide open question. To me, it depends a LOT on what kind of range/shooting environment you've got access to. If you want long range, buy a Savage Stealth in 6.5 Creedmoor and top it with the best glass you can get.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I just sold some guns and want something new. Part of me is thinking suppressor and a shotgun, another part of me says sniper, and the other part says benelli M4. I definitely want a shotgun or long range rifle. I have $2300 any suggestions?

Silver Slayer 98,

WELCOME ABOARD.

I believe that it would help us all a great deal to give you (hopefully) wise advice on firearms selection, if we knew what your shooting goals/interests/NEEDS are.

yours, satx

SilverSlayer98

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2020
    US
    Silver Slayer 98,

WELCOME ABOARD.

I believe that it would help us all a great deal to give you (hopefully) wise advice on firearms selection, if we knew what your shooting goals/interests/NEEDS are.

yours, satx
    I'm mainly looking for home defense/prepping type of scenario. Would LOVE to find a 556 scar for $2300 but who wouldn't! I have a 556 AR, just sold my 300 blackout AR pistol and 50 Beowulf AR. I don't have a shotgun right now.

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    I have an M1-A Scout package that I plan on taking to the Conroe GS this weekend. Like NIB, less than 100 rounds through it. 11 mags, scoped, etc. I even have an optional 1k rounds of match grade ammo for it.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I'm mainly looking for home defense/prepping type of scenario. Would LOVE to find a 556 scar for $2300 but who wouldn't! I have a 556 AR, just sold my 300 blackout AR pistol and 50 Beowulf AR. I don't have a shotgun right now.

I have an old Mossberg 500 that I would be willing to let go for $2295! :banana:

Welcome to the forum!

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

Silver Slayer 98,

I'll tell you, with little chance of being WRONG that you will NOT "go wrong" with a 12 GAUGE PUMP-shotgun by Winchester, Mossberg, Remington or Ithaca.
    (To save some bucks for your other aquisitions, I would look at a police supply house for a GOOD, USED pump-gun by any of the above "name brands". = At the "tender age" of 74YY & after retiring after over 3 decades of being a city, county, parish, state & federal LEO, I've never seen a pump-shotgun that was "worn-out in service" & often the "police surplus" shotguns are even in perfectly acceptable cosmetic appearance too. = I recently saw at least a dozen Remington Model 870 Riot-guns at a police supply store. ALL of them were in good shape & less than 250.oo each.)

yours, satx
    USAMPR, Retired

SilverSlayer98

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2020
    US
    Silver Slayer 98,

I'll tell you, with little chance of being WRONG that you will NOT "go wrong" with a 12 GAUGE PUMP-shotgun by Winchester, Mossberg, Remington or Ithaca.
    (To save some bucks for your other aquisitions, I would look at a police supply house for a GOOD, USED pump-gun by any of the above "name brands". = At the "tender age" of 74YY & after retiring after over 3 decades of being a city, county, parish, state & federal LEO, I've never seen a pump-shotgun that was "worn-out in service" & often the "police surplus" shotguns are even in perfectly acceptable cosmetic appearance too. = I recently saw at least a dozen Remington Model 870 Riot-guns at a police supply store. ALL of them were in good shape & less than 250.oo each.)

yours, satx
    USAMPR, Retired
    Know of anyone good police supply houses in Houston?

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Know of anyone good police supply houses in Houston?

Silver Slayer 98,

I haven't been to Harris County in 2-3 years & have NOT lived there in over 2 decades, so I'm not the person to ask. - We have a lot of members from that area, however, who can tell you.

yours, satx

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Its likely you would shoot a rifle more than a shotgun maybe? That makes me think rifle. There are a few good long range guns. I almost bought a Bergara bolt gun, which of the dozen or so that I handled, had the smoothest action. $800-900 there, which leaves you $ for a really nice tactical scope. I went with the Nikon Black 1000FX, but due to the company actions since that purchase you might want to consider other brands. Vortex high end scopes are nice ( I think their low end are crap), and in a perfect world a Swarovski, Zeiss, Nightforce, or Trijicon.

Top Bottom