• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I dunno about all time best, but Sunday lunch might've come damn close.

Friday night we had tacos for dinner. Had some left over taco meat, a couple spoons of refried black beans, so threw those in a container in the fridge for later consumption. Saturday we celebrated my mother in law's 70th B-day. Wife made meat loaf, homemade mac & cheese, taters & green beans. We had some green beans and mac & cheese left, no left over meat loaf.

Sunday for lunch, I decided to use up the left overs so they didn't get bad. I heated up the taco meat / bean mixture, and the mac & cheese. The mixed the two. Added fresh onion & diced tomato. Frickin' amazing!

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Best ever tamales I ever had were made with smoked brisket!
    Tommy Tamale in Coppell has some excellent tamales. I'm on the fence regarding their brisket ones though I'm always partial to pork tamales. But I've never asked about how their brisket is made since some generic oven baked brisket wouldn't match the quality of a good smoked brisket.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Years ago, when I was single and working, I'd cook big meals. And then would use that for lunches and dinners for the week. Sometimes adding something a little different every couple of days to keep from getting burned out from eating the same thing for several days in a row.

A lot of the guys I worked with either went out to eat for lunch, or brought a sandwich and chips. As long as I had a microwave to reheat with, I was good to go. I know it saved me lots of money that way as well. And it's just a better day when you are able to have a hot meal for lunch, rather just a cold sandwich.

When my folks left me at age 17 and moved across the country, from Calif to NY (you suppose they wanted to get as far away from me as they could), I reveled in being able to go shopping, buy the food I wanted, and make the meals I wanted. That summer I started working full time in L.A. for AT&T and one of the things I did was make a pot of sweet chili with meat, kidney beans and red onions at the beginning of a week. I would buy the largest flour tortillas I could find and put the heavy chili mix in the center with cheese and more onion. Made the best damn burritos heated up in the break room micro or even just room temp.

One of the guys started stealing food out of the sack lunches and coolers, so I got on a kick of making liver and using it for liver and onion sandwiches. Stopped the theft of my lunches PDQ anyway.

Didn't go to lunch every day but when I did there were some great places to eat. Huge chicken taco salads from one place, but El Tepeyac had a hugely stuffed burrito, bigger than a brick, that if you could eat it all before you left, it was free. I would eat for days off one of their burritos. Great leftovers! We also had a roach coach that came around and I was a sucker for two of their chili dogs with yellow peppers for first break.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    A cold beer the next morning after a long night of beer.

Just kidding, I haven't had a long night of beer in MANY years.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The Bloody Bull seems to be a richer cocktail. But I'll take either as a refreshing drink.
    I like Bloody Mary’s for several reasons
    1) I’m getting veggies .vs a soft drink
    2) I like the garnishes celery, pickled asparagus, olives & bacon
    3) The buzz as I like mine with shine or Everclear

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I like Bloody Mary’s for several reasons
    1) I’m getting veggies .vs a soft drink
    2) I like the garnishes celery, pickled asparagus, olives & bacon
    3) The buzz as I like mine with shine or Everclear

It's been 50+yrs since I had any shine. I was on an impromptu camping trip when I was 18. Sleeping on the ground when it started raining at night. Then a guy in a camp trailer had mercy on me, inviting me to his campfire and some Mexican coffee. We later went to a cabin belonging to some friends of his and drank shine out of glass jars.

Good times. They had a big female Wiemarainer (sp) that I brought home with me. That didn't work out because she always pooped in the house in the night or while I was at work. Beautiful dog tho.

Top Bottom