Target Sports

What signs will bar entry to a business for CC person if legislation passes?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I'd been told they they will actively come out and get it. That was from a pasadena police officer, and more than a few years ago. So even if it were accurate, I recognize it may no longer be accurate.
    I think it's more of "they can" than "they will", but of course, the police would never try to intimidate.
    Guns International

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    I'm told by LEO's that a "LTC" is instant ID that the bearer is not a criminal felon.

We live in LA and keep both LA & TX licenses, as we spend a lot of time in TX.

leVieux
    I've been arrested twice out of state in the last 26 years since I had my license. Both times the police noted the CHL during the interaction prior to arrest. Since the cases were in IL and NJ respectively, their questions were whether I was armed. I wasn't, since it would have been illegal in those jurisdictions. Neither arrest went to trial, nor resulted in a conviction.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'm guessing the fact the you had a CHL just came up when they ran your ID and you didn't volunteer that information?
    Maryland (and I have to believe other states) has been shown to do automated reading of license plates, instantly cross-referencing those plates with state records, and using the notation that a person has an LTC as probable cause for a traffic stop.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Maryland (and I have to believe other states) has been shown to do automated reading of license plates, instantly cross-referencing those plates with state records, and using the notation that a person has an LTC as probable cause for a traffic stop.
    I don't doubt that, though it would not stand Constitutional scrutiny as probable cause for a traffic stop. As if that really matters in today's post Constitutional era.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been arrested twice out of state in the last 26 years since I had my license. Both times the police noted the CHL during the interaction prior to arrest. Since the cases were in IL and NJ respectively, their questions were whether I was armed. I wasn't, since it would have been illegal in those jurisdictions. Neither arrest went to trial, nor resulted in a conviction.

NJ is likely the worst U S State with respect to our 2A. I once carried in IL a couple times, just for a few minutes each, before I found out how bad their laws are. IDK how those laws can be reconciled with citizens' Constitutional RIGHTS.
    Did those episodes give you an "arrest record" ?

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    NJ is likely the worst U S State with respect to our 2A. I once carried in IL a couple times, just for a few minutes each, before I found out how bad their laws are. IDK how those laws can be reconciled with citizens' Constitutional RIGHTS.
    Did those episodes give you an "arrest record" ?
    The first one in Illinois, yes, but not posted in NCIC. The second one in NJ was technically for a non-criminal offense, ineligible for jury trail, so...maybe. Don't care. :D

AndiTurner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2021
    Bastrop County
    I thought that went to court and was found to be illegal?

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    If the license holder is charged with any of the disqualifying crimes, the license is revoked in the system and the DPS comes to collect the card. Or that's what my understanding is - I'm not going to test it.
    I knew one person who received a letter from DPS requesting he return his license to DPS after he was he disqualified from possessing a permit.

Top Bottom