Military Camp

What signs will bar entry to a business for CC person if legislation passes?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    On that topic, has anyone around here heard of FFL's that do NICS check on people who have valid LTC? Last gun I bought from FFL was in 2017, and I don't recall that they did one, but it seems like I keep hearing that FFL's are doing them anyway...which I think is dumb.
    A lot of big box stores will.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    If you buy online, choose to have it sent to your local gun range for you to pick up with paper work only. I'd check with them first though. Mine doesn't run the NICS if you have a LTC.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    It may be a distraction to you, but it is a change in the law. I’m willing to bet most people don’t know what the codes say, much less what it means and the operation of the law.

Today, barring a 30.06 or 30.07, there is not any other legal means of providing written notice prohibiting entry with firearms by a license holder. Come 1 September, there will be one due to a change in the code, and the signage for 30.05 isn’t required to be verbatim as 30.06 and 30.07 are.

In my mind, solely posting 30.05 signage is going to give some business owners a false sense that it will keep all guns out of their place of business, and some LTC holders aren’t going to be aware they could wind up in court given a zealous business owner and DA like one might find in Austin, DFW, Houston, San Antonio, or El Paso. In other instances, some LTC holders may mistakenly think 30.05 signage is the same as 30.06/.07, which it’s not.

I believe an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. If we can at least have the discussion so that LTC holders can understand what the these changes mean and how they can play out, then that’s all that matters.
    What would make of this signage posted in

Torchy's Tacos Frisco-Hollyhock, 1555 US Hwy 380 Suite 100, Frisco (Collin County), TX 75034?​

Not posted where customers would see it on entry, on side of beverage station to hallway to restrooms. I only saw it when walking in from outdoor patio.

Attachments

• 20220206_131235.jpg
      20220206_131235.jpg
      539.8 KB · Views: 88

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Torchy's Tacos Frisco-Hollyhock, 1555 US Hwy 380 Suite 100, Frisco (Collin County), TX 75034?​

Not posted where customers would see it on entry, on side of beverage station to hallway to restrooms. I only saw it when walking in from outdoor patio.

I would make sure not to give Torchy’s a reason to have to ask me to leave.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Yup, keep your head on a swivel and stay sober and enjoy the Tacos. This month's special was delicious.

Attachments

• 20220206_130103.jpg
      20220206_130103.jpg
      466.3 KB · Views: 100

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas

Once you see it then it is valid assuming the letter size is correct for 30.07. Note 07 needs to be at each entrance. I would assume okay to conceal with LTC.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    rotor,

As I often travel out of Texas for business/TP rallies/pleasure, I will KEEP/RENEW my LTC.

yours, satx

I'm told by LEO's that a "LTC" is instant ID that the bearer is not a criminal felon.

We live in LA and keep both LA & TX licenses, as we spend a lot of time in TX.

leVieux

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    If the license holder is charged with any of the disqualifying crimes, the license is revoked in the system and the DPS comes to collect the card. Or that's what my understanding is - I'm not going to test it.
    I've seen this in action and my experience is that DPS doesn't ever show up to collect the license.

That was a sample of one and years ago, so take it FWIW. I sure hope they do better these days.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I've seen this in action and my experience is that DPS doesn't ever show up to collect the license.

That was a sample of one and years ago, so take it FWIW. I sure hope they do better these days.

The only case I’ve heard of was an LEO confiscating the license as an adjunct to the original stop when the ID check returned an invalid status.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    The only case I’ve heard of was an LEO confiscating the license as an adjunct to the original stop when the ID check returned an invalid status.
    I'd been told they they will actively come out and get it. That was from a pasadena police officer, and more than a few years ago. So even if it were accurate, I recognize it may no longer be accurate.

Top Bottom