DK Firearms

What scope mounts are you liking these days?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    I haven't built an AR in quite some time but I have a new one I'll be outfitting with a 1-6x LPVO. Now I just need to settle on the mount.
    Being sturdy and holding zero is number one with affordability coming in a close second.
    Back when I built my last rifle, maybe 8-10 years ago, it was basically LaRue or nothing so that's what I went with and couldn't be happier with the LT-104 I got from them.
    Now I'm seeing offerings from American Defense, Bobro, Midwest Industries and Warne pop up a lot for QD options.
    In regards to non-QD I always seem to wind back up on the Aero Ultralight. There is also a UTG Accu-Sync that seems to be gaining a following and is only 35.00 on Amazon but I'm skeptical. I always thought they just made cheap junk that fit the look more than the function but maybe they've upped their game, I don't know.

So, I don't foresee myself needing to remove the optic and move to my irons in the heat of the moment or anything BUT I still want to plan for it so the QD option is attractive.

The LaRue LT-204 looks like a viable option but I can't seem to find a single independent review in print or on YouTube.

The Aero Ultralight looks good except for how the rigs join at the top. A) it looks weird, B) I've seen pics of that being a failure point for whatever various reason.

So, gentlemen, what are you trusting to embrace your glass and hold it true?
    Military Camp

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I have a few Larue mounts and really like them.

The PEPR has held solid too.

I have also had good luck with Vortex and Sig mounts.

I don't hear any complaints about the Aero mounts.

Yes, I am avoiding mentioning the more expensive mounts but someone will come along and say SPUHR or nothing. Of course that kind of money will buy a great mount but they are overkill in most applications.

My money these days goes to Larue though.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    I have only used the PEPR mounts, very solid and not crazy $$. I opted for the non-QD. The QD levers didn't sit quietly and would rattle.

Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    I have only used the PEPR mounts, very solid and not crazy $$.
    I'm not against the PEPR, per se. It's just clunkly looking as all get out and I prefer a sleeker look.
    I've also heard they're a bit on the heavy side but when compared to other similar mounts there really isn't a lot of variance.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    When I find something I like I usually stick with it. I would go with another LT-104 since you are good with the one you have. I searched around for reviews as well, nothing meaningful to be found.

Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    When I find something I like I usually stick with it. I would go with another LT-104 since you are good with the one you have. I searched around for reviews as well, nothing meaningful to be found.
    Kind of odd, right?
    It's not like they just came out and people haven't had a chance to get their hands on it.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I have a Warne, it’s okay, probably wouldn’t buy again. Not bad, just doesn’t seem very rugged. Love the OD Green color though. Also have an older PEPR and I’ve read the newer ones have some issues with screws stripping. Also have a LaRue but don’t recall the model.

Ordered a Geissele the other day. Really looking forward to getting that one.

QB TOO

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 5, 2020
    Carrollton, TX

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    PEPR and Leopold has a one piece scope mount, but work great. Have a Warne in the box for a future project.

Top Bottom