• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I remember when the wife’s friends started having kids. Even my MIL was pushing the wife for grandkids! IIRC my response was I could support us, but not us & a kid. And there was no way I would have a kid to make someone else happy.

Looking back at all those that had kids not a single one was made happy by having them. Matter of fact they all ended up divorced and crazier!

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I remember when the wife’s friends started having kids. Even my MIL was pushing the wife for grandkids! IIRC my response was I could support us, but not us & a kid. And there was no way I would have a kid to make someone else happy.

Looking back at all those that had kids not a single one was made happy by having them. Matter of fact they all ended up divorced and crazier!
    I wish more people thought like you do. Right now there's WAY too many people on the planet.
    Some people think a uterus is like a Pez dispenser. Just pop out kids every year or so.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    People who never had kids, never grew up.
    Having always kept a dog I understood the responsibility of taking care of it. I really found out being married added to all that responsibilities.

At work I shunned responsibilities and stayed out of management!

So you are correct in the fact I have lived my life as a big dumb kid!

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I used to go my way…a lot. Then I got married and still didn’t really know my direction. I always provided and never strayed from taking care of my family, but I wasn’t always sure of my direction.

Last few years, I’ve decided to try and follow Jesus more often…and honestly believe His way is much better than my own.

ETA: funny how He does things…my morning readings are set up in a book, and I just read the few verses that it assigns. This morning, one of my four verses was John 8:12. I’ve copied it below. I couldn’t make this up…

Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.
    John 8:12

Last edited:
    Top Bottom