ARJ Defense ad

What movies or TV shows influenced your gearheadedness?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    No love for Corvette Summer? Lol

Like EZ-E, hot wheels was a big influence. Also I remember a 53 vette and 63 split window was in my neighborhood growing up. And my 3rd grade teacher had a 64ish mustang.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    My gearhead experiences were due to necessity. We lived out in BFE. My noble steed was a dilapidated old beat up 1964 Chevy pick-up. One of those memorable machines that required maintenance at every red light or stop sign going into or returning from town. LoL.
    The A/C was the double 60 model.
    looking back............it sucked.

My first vehicle was a 64 Chevy pick up. My Dad told me that when it broke, I would have 3 choices. Fix it myself. Pay someone to fix it, or walk. I fixed it myself. Had it pretty reliable, then starting making it even better. Dropped a 327 in it, mated it to a synchromesh transmission from a 68 (had to cut and balance the driveshaft to make it fit. Got it painted and was about to start working on the chrome when a girl plowed into the side of it while it was parked in front of a friends house on a dead end street.

By this time I was driving a work truck, so fixing it up took a lot longer, then family, kids, etc. got in the way. I still have the truck, and still haven't finished putting it all back together, but the body work was done years ago.

I still have it, so one of these days I keep saying. Mine only had the 2/60 ac as well. Triangle windows for the win. Otherwise it would have been bad.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    My gearhead experiences were due to necessity. We lived out in BFE. My noble steed was a dilapidated old beat up 1964 Chevy pick-up. One of those memorable machines that required maintenance at every red light or stop sign going into or returning from town. LoL.
    The A/C was the double 60 model.
    looking back............it sucked.
    My first vehicle was a 64 Chevy pick up. My Dad told me that when it broke, I would have 3 choices. Fix it myself. Pay someone to fix it, or walk. I fixed it myself. Had it pretty reliable, then starting making it even better. Dropped a 327 in it, mated it to a synchromesh transmission from a 68 (had to cut and balance the driveshaft to make it fit. Got it painted and was about to start working on the chrome when a girl plowed into the side of it while it was parked in front of a friends house on a dead end street.

By this time I was driving a work truck, so fixing it up took a lot longer, then family, kids, etc. got in the way. I still have the truck, and still haven't finished putting it all back together, but the body work was done years ago.

I still have it, so one of these days I keep saying. Mine only had the 2/60 ac as well. Triangle windows for the win. Otherwise it would have been bad.

I had a 1965 Chevrolet stepside pickup, that I bought at an estate sale of one of my grandmother's friend's they were having when the husband passed away. I gave her a ride over there so she could visit, and they had all sorts of tables outside loaded with all sorts of, well junk really. I kind of wanted to see if there might be some old tools I might be interested in, so I took Granny over there. Well, there was sitting that 65 pickup with a sign for sale on it. I was looking it over and it was old but very solid looking. Interior was in pretty decent shape and it had no dents at all. One of the guy's relatives walked over and saw me checking it and asked if I was interested and he would make a great deal on it. I wasn't really even looking to buy at the time, but I asked more out of curiosity to pass the time until Granny was ready to go. He told me he was asking $500, but since he wanted to get it gone, he'd take $300 cash for it. I looked at him and asked if it even ran. He said it needed a battery and tires and it would be pretty much ready to drive. I asked if he minded if I went to get a battery to confirm that and he said no problem. I took Granny home and got a spare battery I had in the garage, and took it over there, and sure enough, that truck cranked right up and purred like a kitten. Inline six cylinder and a three on the tree! I paid him the $300 and he gave me the title for it. I kept that truck for almost ten years as a back up vehicle because it was so simple and easy and cheap to keep running and just so reliable. Wasn't fast, but you could always depend on that truck.

I ended up selling to a guy because he offered a crazy amount of money for the truck. Within a day, I totally regretted selling that truck. Tried for almost two years to buy it back, but he wouldn't ever sell it back to me, so I gave up trying. Ran across it a few years later. totaled. I have no idea what they hit head-on, but it nearly shoved the engine and trans into the bed of the truck!

I have a soft spot for the 1964 to 1966 Chevy pickups.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    2/60 AC? Y'all was spoiled. Any faster than 55 in La and you running into a bayou or a pot hole. Or a bayou in a pot hole.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    The Fall Guy truck was definitely cool. The Simon & Simon Power Wagon was cool too.

But no matter what, this got me into Jeeps

407afa4b28d67eca62eb9c50cb8d28bd.jpg

Im surprised no ones added this one to the list .... pretty sure my love for muscle cars started here.

ElectricDeliriousFlea-max-1mb.gif

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

I'll go with this one, the movie Gumball Rally that came out in 1976. Some really cool cars in this movie too.

That Cobra is the real deal Cobra, and not a kit car. You can tell by the damage it got when it was racing the Ferrari in the Los Angeles drainage trenches.

I got the chance to see this movie when it came out in the movie theater.

Top Bottom