• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Well, my subscription to G&A doesn't run out until March 2020, so it isn't like it is going away anytime soon. I just prefer the other three more, and since the G&A show has come on, it just feels like the magazine pushes you toward the show, instead of staying independent of each other. I get the marketing of the deal, I just feel the magazine has suffered. Also, reading it feels like watching a commercial compared to Guns and American Handgunner.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    2020 - ok, lol - mine expires this year....i'll have to check out Guns & American Handgunner

i prefer American rifleman over g&a

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Guns is monthly, American Handgunner is every two months, both FMG publications. Read John Connor, he is the man. You can check them out on the web also.

G&A has good writers, but I just don't feel the connection with them that I do with the FMG guys. Reading Guns and AH feels like a conversation I guess, and G&A feels like a lecture.

Search John Connor and his article Little Lizzie, and grab a hanky. The article still sends a chill down my spine.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I get and like the American Rifleman. The rest I might buy while at the market if an article catches my eye. There was a time when I would read anything Masad Ayoob wrote. (Sorry if the name is spelled wrong. I haven't picked up a gun rag in a year or so.)

Top Bottom