• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    Rolling off a sixth of Allstadt Lager which was perfect for summer's last gasp. What to replace it with?
    Lynx Defense

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    With cooler weather approaching I recommend a darker beer - Guiness is my choice.

Alternatively, best in warm weather, but never a bad choice anytime is a good IPA - you can't go wrong with Karbach Hopadilla.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    1637955948571.png

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    With cooler weather approaching I recommend a darker beer - Guiness is my choice.

Alternatively, best in warm weather, but never a bad choice anytime is a good IPA - you can't go wrong with Karbach Hopadilla.
    Guinness is my favorite winter lunch. Creamy Irish stew. But it requires a nitrogen system and mine's CO2.

Karbach es muy bueno.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Guinness is my favorite winter lunch. Creamy Irish stew. But it requires a nitrogen system and mine's CO2.

Karbach es muy bueno.
    The draw back of Guinness is the nitrogen! Real shame you can get a 20 pound bottle of Bev Gas, then again you need a Guinness Tavern head + another regulator

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Barrow Breweryin Salgado makes a good Farm to Market Saison.

PintHouse Pizza Electric jellyfish is an amazing hazy IPA. In Waco, Southern Roots has several good beers, but they are a little proud of their kegs.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Rich people problems. Lol
    Setting up an old fridge as a kegerator is actually pretty cheap. Keg beer over bottles & cans is a real bargain. Keg deposit might be a bit stupid.

If you don’t use nitrogen, bev gas is reasonable as are rebuilt regulators. Air line, beer line, tavern heads, a wall shank and faucet all fairly reasonable from Micromatic or ebay

Just thing how nice taking out the trash would be without bottles & cans.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Setting up an old fridge as a kegerator is actually pretty cheap. Keg beer over bottles & cans is a real bargain. Keg deposit might be a bit stupid.

If you don’t use nitrogen, bev gas is reasonable as are rebuilt regulators. Air line, beer line, tavern heads, a wall shank and faucet all fairly reasonable from Micromatic or ebay

Just thing how nice taking out the trash would be without bottles & cans.

I’ve had a kegerator for a few years. It is a few hundred dollars to start up, but my wife and I have really enjoyed it. The price per pint on the most of the kegs larger than a sixtel are cheaper than buying from the store.

I added a water keg this year (We drink a lot of fizzy waters) and it has cut down on our can usage and our bottle usage significantly. I’m not a big greeny, but it is nice.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I’ve had a kegerator for a few years. It is a few hundred dollars to start up, but my wife and I have really enjoyed it. The price per pint on the most of the kegs larger than a sixtel are cheaper than buying from the store.

I added a water keg this year (We drink a lot of fizzy waters) and it has cut down on our can usage and our bottle usage significantly. I’m not a big greeny, but it is nice.
    Old soda water syrup canisters can be had pretty cheap and filled with anything from home brew to sangrias and run thru a keg system.

I have had limited experience with Kegerators. They are great for many places, but the big ones tend to suck getting moved into some places. A floor drain for the spill tray is the way to go. Spill trays dumping into a pail or bucket are a total mess. When the compressor goes you replacing the whole kegerator.

Beverage Air type soda merchandiser work really well. New & used one can he had, parts are available and most important they are set up for great beer temperatures.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom