• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Do you find any brands seem to be more accurate, relativity speaking?

just wondering if it’s worth a few more pennies per round for one brand over the other.

Not really looking at brass case stuff. I’ve found Federal American Sagle and Fusion to be plenty accurate for that niche.

thanks!
    Gun Zone Deals

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I generally prefer the 154gr Soft Point made by Tulammo. Also the 124gr 8M3 made by them as well. Now for just regular range use I like the Wolf Classic 124gr HP. It all seems to shoot well out of several rifles.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Sb steel case is ok. Some of my older Chinese stuff is ok.

Haven’t had much success with Tula.
    Added a tin of monarch. No idea how it is.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Like a few others here, I've had good luck with wolf mil classic hp ammo. Tula isn't far behind. 122, 124 gr both do well. I also like the wolf 125gr SP, a few cpr more but worth it IMO.
    I've bought and run plenty of golden tiger as well over the years. Never has been more accurate than anything else and has had more ftfs due to hard primers than it's counterparts. I did intentionally buy it for long term storage though and that's where lacquer coated shines.
    About a decade ago the ammo store had some weird wolf headstamped Ukrainian contract ammo that ran a bit hotter than most. It clocked around 2350 fps out of a 15.5" barrel. I wished I had bought cases of it.
    Overall, almost all steel cased ammo is up to the task and only slightly better from brand to brand. I might even choose more based on bullet preference than manufacturer, given the option.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Appreciate the input. I’m not generally overly picky for bulk range ammo, but didn’t want to throw good $ after bad product if I could avoid it.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I have read a number of reports that the lacquer will end up coating the chamber.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Appreciate the input. I’m not generally overly picky for bulk range ammo, but didn’t want to throw good $ after bad product if I could avoid it.

Unless you're shooting something that is sensitive to ammo (i.e. an AR), "buy it cheap and stack it deep!"
    I have read a number of reports that the lacquer will end up coating the chamber.

See above comment about rifles sensitive to ammo. I've never had any lacquer issues with any of my AK or SKS rifles...

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I think its tulammo? It has the 8m3 bullet. Outside of premium hunting loads like federal fusion, you'd be hard pressed to find a quality alternative

Top Bottom