• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I was just wondering what multi tools everyone likes. I have a gerber suspension I have used for about 2 years it is getting worn out and loose. I want a new one.
    Guns International

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    I have the original Leatherman Multi-Tool (PST) I bought when I started as a paramedic in 1987. The leather case is worn, but the tool is still in like new condition after all these years. Still under warranty for two more years too.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I have the original Leatherman Multi-Tool (PST) I bought when I started as a paramedic in 1987. The leather case is worn, but the tool is still in like new condition after all these years. Still under warranty for two more years too.

That's pretty cool. I have an original Leatherman, basically new-in-box. It's only been out for 'inspections'. Shows the patent date of 1985, no model designation needed, I guess.

I have quite a few multis...Gerber, L-man, Victorinox, SuperKnife, even a Husky and a Stanley! My favorite is the one I can get my hands on at the time :) . One or two in each vehicle, one on the mountain bike, one in the den, one in the game room...you get the idea. For some reason, I feel the need to have within reach: a multi-tool, a flashlight and a tape measure. It's getting to the point that I should add 'magnifying glass' to the list. I recently gave away my original Gerber Multi-plier to a young lady in 'distress'. Kinda wish I had given away a 'cheaper' one...didn't have one with me at the time.

RWSutt33

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2010
    RGV
    I have the same Gerber that I have had since I was in the Navy in '96. I broke the blade on it in 2003, cuttin twine off round bails in a feed yard. I boxed it up sent it back to Gerber with a hand writen note of where I got the tool, how it broke and to send it back cod if they couldn't fix it. I recieved it back in a new carrying case and ALL the blades and screw driver tips had been reworked. It is the only multi tool I will ever carry.

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    A gerber from when it was issued to me in the Marine Corps still runs like a champ. Did see that new tool leatherman made for the ar platform though seems pretty neat.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Carried the Leatherman Wave for years as a technical instructor. Changed to a Gerber tool in industry for about 4 years. Every time I mow, the original Leatherman comes outside with me.

Incidentally, Leatherman does not have factory tours but I wrote to them and explained that I was coming to Portland on a motorcycle trip around the country. Tim Leatherman's personal assistant gave me a tour then handed me to an Engineer for an AutoCad 14 rundown.

Tim Leatherman was gone but I saw his offices.....both of them. The office for "show" is a fancy paneled room in the front of the plant but his real office has windows overlooking the factory. It has a workbench and is loaded with tools and things to tinker with.

Flash

WadeP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    San Marcos, TX
    Last year, I replaced my Swiss Army knife with a Gerber Clutch and couldn't be more pleased. It's tiny enough for everyday pocket carry but handles light chores nicely. $18 at Lowes.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Got a couple of Gerbers, either bought 'em or they were issued; have always liked them and they have never let me down.

I have an few Leathermans that have held up well, but to me they are more of a "precision" instrument whereas the Gerber is a "tool."

If it's my money I'm spending, it'll go towards another Gerber!

Cheers! M2

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Here is a new twist for you, I saw it on crunchgear.com today and it cracked me up, kinda reminds me of the belt I had in the 70's and the extra wide leather watch band that went with it.

686 :: Original

Top Bottom