• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • C7Z062019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2020
    Sugar Land
    Taurus Spectrum 380. Sure is nice and small. Took it to the range and shoots very good. Just purchased a Taurus 357 and may be switching to it soon and selling this 380. I'll have to see if it carries as well as my 380.

Last edited:

TexasBB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2014
    Today’s carry gun is a Les Baer Custom carry.
    1e2dee78dc4efb338f0c66fc75847791.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    What is a "Hip Grip"?
    There's a lot of history bound up in that question but I'll make this short.

The Hip Grip (and the Lip Grip and the Clip Grip) is a stock for revolvers that flares out at the top to provide a place to snag clothing. When you put one inside your belt, the lip atop the grip catches your pants or belt and prevents the pistol from sliding down inside your pants. There's also the ClipDraw which accomplishes the same thing by screwing a metal plate to the side of the pistol. The ClipDraw, unfortunately, seems to be a semi-auto only device these days; I don't see where they keep anything in stock for revolvers.

I refer to this whole class of devices as "Enhanced Mexican Carry."

AFAIK, the only grip like this still being made is the Clip Grip by DeSantis. The original Barami Hip Grip is discontinued but the remaindered stock is being sold off on eBay. I have both and even though I once had preferences, over time I've gotten to where I like them both equally.

ETA: More info previously posted on TGT here, here, here, and here.

Last edited:

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    What is a "Hip Grip"?
    Barami Hip Grips are / were a set of grips for revolvers, that have a "hook" for lack of a better term on the right side panel. This hook lets you tuck the gun into your pants using the hook to prevent it from falling through. If you Google "Barami Hip Grip" the stock images are better than I have.
    Desantis makes a comparable item that is actually more comfortable to shoot.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Dear OP,

Candy is dandy
    But licker is quicker
    And you can drink all the licker
    Down in Costa Ricker

Ain nobody's bidness but my own...

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    I've gone through several carry guns. I liked most of them. I may change again at some point in the future but for now I am pretty happy with my S&W M&P Shield .45. It's light enough to carry comfortably, yet handles the recoil from the .45 quite well for its size. I opted for the one without the thumb safety, and I did change the sights. My old eyes benefit from the fiber optic sights.

jigtossin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2021
    El Paso, TX
    Still waiting on my license to arrive, hopefully this week!

I want to feel which is comfortable out of the three with a T1C IWB. 19X, 26, or 43X

I want to say 43X, will be the best out of all 3.

Surplus Guy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    Hood County
    Takes balls to carry that.

Bigger balls to admit it in public.

Gotta respect the sheer self destructiveness of the whole situation.

Tip my hat.
    Never had a problem with my Spectrum. I can get 3 fingers on it with the extended magazine and in my pocket easily with a DeSantis holster. She eats whatever I feed her in the way of ammo. I don't follow the crowd when it comes to firearms. Hope I never have to use it.

Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Still waiting on my license to arrive, hopefully this week!

I want to feel which is comfortable out of the three with a T1C IWB. 19X, 26, or 43X

I want to say 43X, will be the best out of all 3.
    I carry both the 19X and the 43X. If you get the 43X be sure to get you a Shield Arms S15 magazine or 3. They pack 15 rounds in the same space. Metal not poly. I carry the 43X most of the time, for sure in summer. The 19X will go with me today. Both shoot extremely well.
    ALSO on special occasions I carry a Kimber Aegis Pro that I really love.

GP40X

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    League City, TX
    Taurus 605 SS snub nosed .357 revolver with a Veridian laser grip and a Galloway Precision trigger spring kit for a 856 in a Sticky Holster pocket holster. Spring kit gave it an 8 lb trigger pull.

DISCLAIMER: While the trigger spring kit worked for me, Galloway Precision has NOT tested and does NOT recommend their 856 spring kit for a Taurus 605 at this time.

Top Bottom