What is your carry gun?

Analog Kid

Jan 26, 2021
Rockwall, Texas
Beretta M9A3 w/TLR-1HL riding in a JM Custom Kydex OWB2 at 4:30 or thereabouts. I absolutely LOVE this damn handgun, and it's been a champ from day one.
The chocolate Beretta was a Valentines Day gift from my sweetheart, who carries a Beretta 92FS Compact. She is definitely a KEEPER!
That 3-tone 92 is gorgeous.

C7Z062019

TGT Supporter
Jul 19, 2020
Sugar Land
Taurus Spectrum 380. Sure is nice and small. Took it to the range and shoots very good. Just purchased a Taurus 357 and may be switching to it soon and selling this 380. I'll have to see if it carries as well as my 380.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Admin
Nov 22, 2011
Spring
What is a "Hip Grip"?
There's a lot of history bound up in that question but I'll make this short.

The Hip Grip (and the Lip Grip and the Clip Grip) is a stock for revolvers that flares out at the top to provide a place to snag clothing. When you put one inside your belt, the lip atop the grip catches your pants or belt and prevents the pistol from sliding down inside your pants. There's also the ClipDraw which accomplishes the same thing by screwing a metal plate to the side of the pistol. The ClipDraw, unfortunately, seems to be a semi-auto only device these days; I don't see where they keep anything in stock for revolvers.

I refer to this whole class of devices as "Enhanced Mexican Carry."

AFAIK, the only grip like this still being made is the Clip Grip by DeSantis. The original Barami Hip Grip is discontinued but the remaindered stock is being sold off on eBay. I have both and even though I once had preferences, over time I've gotten to where I like them both equally.

ETA: More info previously posted on TGT here, here, here, and here.

Last edited:

justmax

Jul 28, 2019
Kingwood
What is a "Hip Grip"?
Barami Hip Grips are / were a set of grips for revolvers, that have a "hook" for lack of a better term on the right side panel. This hook lets you tuck the gun into your pants using the hook to prevent it from falling through. If you Google "Barami Hip Grip" the stock images are better than I have.
Desantis makes a comparable item that is actually more comfortable to shoot.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Drockton Bullion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member