Lynx Defense

What is the statutory definition (if one exists) of "physical premises"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    There is a debate between a neighbor and me as to what constitutes the "physical premises" of a school. He states that the lawns and sidewalks surrounding a school are included; I disagree with regards to the sidewalks (believing them to be public) but am not sure about the lawns on the periphery (not near the school entrances or playgrounds).

Ho do you folks see it?
    Gun Zone Deals

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    TPC 46.03.

(c) In this section:

(4) "Premises" means a building or a portion of a building. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area.

Problem solved, problem staying solved.
    The legislature added this a few years after concealed carry became legal so that you could drop off kids and not be in violation.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    There is a debate between a neighbor and me as to what constitutes the "physical premises" of a school. He states that the lawns and sidewalks surrounding a school are included; I disagree with regards to the sidewalks (believing them to be public) but am not sure about the lawns on the periphery (not near the school entrances or playgrounds).

Ho do you folks see it?
    For 30.06/07 it is "building" more or less, HOWEVER the TABC defines is as "property"

Just keep that in mind...

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    >

Several years back, the anti’s in New Orleans decided to try to enforce a State “1000 foot Law”.

Courts told them that they cludn’t enforce it at all until they made detaied maps of the 1,000 foot zones, so folks cloud see exactly where the zones were.

It all just died-out.

leVieux

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    The gun I have in the pocket of my shorts, which I wear around the house/yard, is not in a holster.
    Am I breaking the law?

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Please note that idiotic Federal 'Gun-Free School Zone' law may apply...

Eli
    I realize this is the permitless carry forum and technically the federal law does apply for permitless carry if within 1000 feet of a school (unless your home is there). Those with a Texas LTC are exempt in Texas. Reciprocal LTC from other states does not exempt one from 1000 feet rule in Texas. Has anyone ever heard of an arrest yet though?

• Wow
    Reactions: Eli

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I realize this is the permitless carry forum and technically the federal law does apply for permitless carry if within 1000 feet of a school (unless your home is there). Those with a Texas LTC are exempt in Texas. Reciprocal LTC from other states does not exempt one from 1000 feet rule in Texas. Has anyone ever heard of an arrest yet though?
    Yes, it's only been an additional charge on someone arrested for something else as far as I know. 5 or 6 times that I know of.

The 1990 version was found unconstitutional but minor changes appeared in a 1995 version.

Its doubtful it would withstand supreme court scrutiny and I think a repeal was introduced this year but then the texas school shooting happened.

You can go 1000 feet in some cities without a school being there.

Then add Constitutional carry but who wants to test that case.

Top Bottom