• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What is the best carry method?

• Appendix, as long as you don't have a huge gut blocking your draw. Fastest draw!

Votes: 6 17.1%
    • Hip/Strongside, just like the cowboys did it!

Votes: 7 20.0%
    • 4 O'clock, best concealment!

Votes: 12 34.3%
    • Pocket carry. I'm not an aristocrat.

Votes: 3 8.6%
    • Ankle carry, this is the only way I can conceal my gun at the illegal gambling dens.

Votes: 1 2.9%
    • Shoulder harness, where my Saturday Night Special resides.

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • In my purse next to my tampons.

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    The main users of retention holsters are duty holsters for LEOs and other security personnel.

I think everyone who open carries in a social setting should use a retention holster to prevent someone from snatching the gun. Gun owners have a responsibility to see that their weapon doesn't end up in the wrong hands. And of course nobody wants to get shot with their own weapon.

A good, properly tensioned Kydex holster is fine for concealed carry as it offers plenty of retention. I'd not want a complex retention device on a concealed holster. Trying to press a button or flip back a cover strap while digging under your clothing in a maximum stress situation is not something I'd want to have to do. IMO anything more than a thumb snap is too much for a concealed holster. YMMV.

Yeah. I've seen LEO retention holsters, the one where you use your thumb to depress a switch and it allows the gun to be drawn. They are cool, and I understand LEOs are always in danger of having their guns taken from them when wrestling with suspects, so retention makes sense.

But for most concealed carry scenarios, I think it slows you down on the draw.
    Guns International

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    AGREE strongly with the statement above that the best is the one which you leave the house with. Carry however you want, just practice and be consistent.
    Personally I choose a Kangaroo carry vest....works in cars works on the street or standing or sitting. Expensive and not viable this summer;) but winter spring autumn or summer evening ... my vest is comfortable and fits well in cowboy country without undo attention

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    AGREE strongly with the statement above that the best is the one which you leave the house with. Carry however you want, just practice and be consistent.
    Personally I choose a Kangaroo carry vest....works in cars works on the street or standing or sitting. Expensive and not viable this summer;) but winter spring autumn or summer evening ... my vest is comfortable and fits well in cowboy country without undo attention
    I had to look up what a Kangaroo carry vest was, and you know what, I kinda dig it.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    Right now, I'm carrying a micro 9 on the left side in a leather belt owb holster. Cross draw position. Easy to draw in car with seat belt on. This is very comfortable for me,

IMG_5395.jpg IMG_5396.jpg This

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Yeah. I've seen LEO retention holsters, the one where you use your thumb to depress a switch and it allows the gun to be drawn. They are cool, and I understand LEOs are always in danger of having their guns taken from them when wrestling with suspects, so retention makes sense.

But for most concealed carry scenarios, I think it slows you down on the draw.
    Safarilands ALS or whatever is natural and quick... all my overt holsters have it.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom