• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What is the best carry method?

• Appendix, as long as you don't have a huge gut blocking your draw. Fastest draw!

Votes: 6 17.1%
    • Hip/Strongside, just like the cowboys did it!

Votes: 7 20.0%
    • 4 O'clock, best concealment!

Votes: 12 34.3%
    • Pocket carry. I'm not an aristocrat.

Votes: 3 8.6%
    • Ankle carry, this is the only way I can conceal my gun at the illegal gambling dens.

Votes: 1 2.9%
    • Shoulder harness, where my Saturday Night Special resides.

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • In my purse next to my tampons.

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Not a fan of Appendix carry. It points the gun at your junk and your femoral artery. Think it can't happen? Check out the video in the link and I read on another forum that this guy was an instructor.

https://concealednation.org/2018/06...pendix-carry-position-negligence-or-accident/
    I appendix carried from day one but It's never with a questionable brand. At least take your weapon down and inspect it before and after running a bunch of rounds. Life isn't without risk.
    If I die of appendix carry and we get another four years of Biden ya'll will be jealous of me.
    Capitol Armory ad

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I'm studying on what holster to get to carry my 9mm, and many thanks to members who have shared opinions.! I will be a member of the "shirt tail out crowd" as Rick Roberts calls it, and plan to carry as a sidearm and the safety lever is a must on every one of my firearms, no debate. Also, in my mind there is something wrong about carrying a handgun behind your back aimed at your ass or in the front aimed at your Buddy.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I'm studying on what holster to get to carry my 9mm, and many thanks to members who have shared opinions.! I will be a member of the "shirt tail out crowd" as Rick Roberts calls it, and plan to carry as a sidearm and the safety lever is a must on every one of my firearms, no debate. Also, in my mind there is something wrong about carrying a handgun behind your back aimed at your ass or in the front aimed at your Buddy.
    A thought only, not criticism: If and a very rare if you fall on your back or even plan to and break fall, I always thought that would hurt. The only reason I never carried at the rear was this strange thought. Only thanks to certain combative sports was this idea ever planted in my head. Being shot in the butt or pipe would suck. No more laying pipe...

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    I like the Cross Breed Super Tuck worn at 3-3:30 IWB with shirt tail out. I always wear a T-shirt. Make sure to wear a quality gun belt.

SrsTwist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2022
    Austin
    If appendix carry were so very dangerous there'd be a hell of a lot of people who died from bleeding out due to a ripped open femoral. And our enemy media would dearly love to report on all the gunowners who shot themselves in the dick. Yet we very seldom see such stories in spite of the number of people carrying that way. And given the number of inexperienced or not very careful gunowners out there I'd expect to see a whole lot more of that. I have to conclude that with a proper holster and good gun safety practices that it's not a problem. For those few instances where it is... There's no such thing as an accidental discharge. There's only negligent discharges.

Of course there's nothing at all wrong with being extra careful. We'll all do what we're comfortable with.

Last edited:

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    A high rise, strong side, hip holster with at least one retention feature other than mere friction.

You like retention holsters? Not like I do back flips too often, but if I did, I'd probably get one.
    What's a use case for a retention type holster?

SrsTwist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2022
    Austin
    You like retention holsters? Not like I do back flips too often, but if I did, I'd probably get one.
    What's a use case for a retention type holster?
    The main users of retention holsters are duty holsters for LEOs and other security personnel.

I think everyone who open carries in a social setting should use a retention holster to prevent someone from snatching the gun. Gun owners have a responsibility to see that their weapon doesn't end up in the wrong hands. And of course nobody wants to get shot with their own weapon.

A good, properly tensioned Kydex holster is fine for concealed carry as it offers plenty of retention. I'd not want a complex retention device on a concealed holster. Trying to press a button or flip back a cover strap while digging under your clothing in a maximum stress situation is not something I'd want to have to do. IMO anything more than a thumb snap is too much for a concealed holster. YMMV.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom