Military Camp

What is really at stake in this election?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Thought I'd pass this email along...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rights Endowed by Whom?
    What is really at stake in this election?

"The preservation of the sacred fire of liberty, and the destiny of the republican model of government, are justly considered deeply, perhaps as finally, staked on the experiment entrusted to the hands of the American people." --George Washington

Next Tuesday's 2010 midterm election marks the first major battle in a fired-up grassroots effort to restore constitutional integrity, one with a fervor not seen since the election of Ronald Reagan 30 years ago.

The stakes in this election and those to follow are much higher than a mere contest between competing political platforms and personas. These elections will determine who is this nation's arbiter of "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Perhaps unwittingly, Barack Hussein Obama, by way of omission in several recent speeches, has made it abundantly clear whom he and his comrades reject as the source of the rights of all men. On three separate occasions, when speaking at fundraisers for his Leftist comrades, Obama has referenced the Declaration of Independence.

Speaking at the Hispanic Caucus Institute's Annual Awards Gala, Obama said, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are ... endowed with certain inalienable [sic] rights: life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." When questioned about the omission of who, precisely, endowed those rights, the White House press office claimed that Obama went off script ... unlikely for a man who has been glued and tattooed to his Teleprompters.

A few days later, speaking at a fundraiser for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, Obama said, "If we believe that ... everybody is endowed with certain inalienable [sic] rights and we're going to make those words live, and we're going to give everybody opportunity, everybody a ladder into the middle class..." For the record, that utterance was not "off script." Rather, it was precisely how the White House posted his speech.

At the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee fundraiser, he did it again, saying, "What makes this place special is not something physical. It has to do with this idea that was started by 13 colonies that decided to throw off the yoke of an empire and said, 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men ... are endowed with certain inalienable [sic] rights.'"

In each instance, Obama omitted the Declaration's clear affirmation that the rights of all people are "endowed by their Creator," not by some potentate or government.

Our Declaration of Independence was derived from inherent common law, and in its first sentence, our Declaration establishes the rights of man as "which the Laws of Nature and Nature's God entitle them."

When asked again about Obama's omission, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs asserted, "I can assure you the president believes in the Declaration of Independence."

So, Obama "believes in the Declaration"? The Declaration is a piece of paper, one that expresses a self-evident Truth. Were it destroyed today, or had it never been written, the right of all people to "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness," among other rights, would still be endowed by our Creator.

Mr. Gibbs' assurances notwithstanding, Obama's subtle but telling omissions expose the underbelly of the political beast that is intent on devouring Essential Liberty and replacing it with the rule of men.

With his omissions now a matter of public interest, Obama has now tossed "our Creator" into a stump speech before Election Day. But make no mistake: That would be subterfuge. Obama believes that the rights of men are subject to the rule of men, and the terminus of the unabated rule of men is always tyranny.

The election of Barack Hussein Obama was the worst of insults to our nation's heritage of Liberty, but in one important way, it has proven a blessing in disguise.

It has drawn millions of Americans to the frontlines of the eternal war for Liberty and Rule of Law, as enshrined in our national Constitution. Still, this midterm election cycle is different than the knee-jerk response to Bill Clinton that seated a Republican majority back in 1994.

There is a Great Awakening across our nation, one being spearheaded by Tea Party Patriots who are armed with, among other things, the right tools to articulate the difference between Rule of Law and rule of men, and who are willing to passionately fight for the former over the latter.

In the words of Thomas Paine, "I call not upon a few, but upon all: not on this state or that state, but on every state; up and help us; lay your shoulders to the wheel; better have too much force than too little, when so great an object is at stake."

At this moment, the future of Liberty is at stake.

Our Declaration of Independence concludes, "And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor." (I suspect Obama would omit "with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence.")

I know that you have "pledged your sacred honor" for the defense of Liberty. I beseech you to help us muster millions of additional Patriots to the frontlines for the battle ahead.

Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus et Fidelis!

ma-sig.jpg

Mark Alexander

Publisher, The Patriot Post
    ARJ Defense ad

Alamo Ann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    DeSoto, Dallas County, TX

Having read this dire announcement i am wondering why there aren't any posts in response to it?

Christian, agnostic, atheist- who can dispute this fact?
    I myself am Christian, whether Obama believes in a Creator or not affects me, not on a personal level, but as a citizen of this great Nation under his rule=ing
    Obama believes that the rights of men are subject to the rule of men, and the terminus of the unabated rule of men is always tyranny.
    Now, on personal note- Obama has the right to dismiss the existence of God, but I believe God is very much aware of the existence of
    BaracK Obama.

Deo Vindice

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!

Having read this dire announcement i am wondering why there aren't any posts in response to it?

Christian, agnostic, atheist- who can dispute this fact?
    I myself am Christian, whether Obama believes in a Creator or not affects me, not on a personal level, but as a citizen of this great Nation under his rule=ing Now, on personal note- Obama has the right to dismiss the existence of God, but I believe God is very much aware of the existence
    BaracK Obama.

Deo Vindice

Well put!

+1

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    GREAT thread, it can get very deep, I could write a pile of words on this. But, I won't.

One has to go back I think at least to Jimmah Cartah. Before him presidents, and the feelings of the country, was mostly kinda right and kinda left, but not really too radical. With Cartah the country really began to stink and the people started to take notice. The economy stank, our military stank, we really first had that feeling of helplessness as a country. The voting public took notice and elected Ronny Raygun in a landslide.

Reagan swung the country the opposite way of Cartah, he made it his sworn duty to make America great, strong, proud. But in doing so, he made the country seem ultra-conservative. The God-haters hated him, the whimps who preferred to hit someone with their purses, despised him. When his two terms was up, George HW Bush was a Reagan lite, kept us strong but brought us down a bit with his compromising to democrats.

Slick Willie slickified the country with his BS, swooned the women with his charm, and Hitlery slapped the craaap out of everyone else. Conservatives felt cheated because it was really only the involvement of that tick t_rd Peerow that enabled Klinton to prevail, twice. His decimating of the military had far reaching consequences. But he also set up the presidency, with his Saxophone playing and sexual prowess, as a position of comical proportions that cheapened the country as a whole. Without a Slick Willie, there could never be a Barack Obummer.

George W. Bush restored a bit of the prestige of the presidency but with his Texas drawl and John Wayne walk, the late night comedians had a field day. Soon he was also relegated to second class status. He soon simply quit fighting them and hunkered down in his Crawford fortress.

Fast forward to today, getting back to the article. We now have someone in office who never held an executive position, knows nothing about how business runs, and nothing about how the military works. I am willing to bet he has never shot a gun, NEVER. It is obvious that in his speeches he panders to whatever group he is speaking to. Sure, he avoids the mention of God, Ok Creator, in speaking to Anti-American groups. But I'm sure if he ventured to a real patriotic, God-loving group, he would find the words.

Finally (yes I'm getting there) what he has managed to convey is the notion that we are no longer a Christian Nation. I have been on other boards where the bile flows freely and have had liberals smash me as someone who loves his "God and Guns". They have been emboldened by their president's Anti-God stance. But I generally shut them down by saying that when Conservatives get back in power, no one is going to kick in their front door and force them to pray.

What I am getting at is, sadly, the thinking and workings of a president can influence the thinking and mood of the majority of the country. Gee, isn't that what the article was saying?

Just disregard everything I have said.

Alamo Ann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    DeSoto, Dallas County, TX
    AWESOME POST Sisco!

I love your response to those who mock us:

[QUOTE]When Conservatives get back in power, no one is going to kick in their front door and force them to pray. [/QUOTE]

One line that speaks volumes.

Top Bottom