• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    I saw a similar thread on here a few weeks ago asking what your SHTF plan is, but what type of things do you have in your go bag? For example, what type of survival gear do you carry, most importantly, what weapon(s) do you have ready to go, how many mags do you plan on putting in the bag?

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I am sorry PFChardin, it seems like a lot of people will not take this kind of thread seriously. I have found some really good information from FerFAL, a survivor of the Argentinean crisis. Check out his blog, and past articles and you can get some real good, "been there, done that" advice in the spirit of what you are asking about. Hopefully you will find what you are seeking there, drop me a pm if you would like to discuss it further. Good Luck,

SURVIVING IN ARGENTINA

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    To be honest.....I have a bug out bag with numerous AR Mags and Sig Mags with boxes if ammo. My house is regularly stocked with water as we don't drink sodas and other on the go grub. I have a stash of cash. Quite frankly, I'm not concerned of a survival kit. Zombies are coming by my house soon. Both my vehicles regularly have full tanks if fuel. Someone wants to try and loot in my neighborhood, including myself, there are 8 cops that live on my street. The original poster's definition of SHTP may differ from mine. I'm only concerned about burglars/looting with the residential layout of my area even though it's in a good area of town not typically plagued with some issues. So, if you're thinking of natural disaster, I have water and dry goods as well as the resources of my department. If you're talking about a civil unrest or uprising, I'm not really concerned although am adequately equipped weapon wise and again have other resources. I'm just not into the whole, what will you do when the world ends stuff. According to the Enquirer and Sun News, we were all supposed to die in 1999 from an asteroid hurling towards earth that was the size of the millennium falcon. Sorry.

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    To add fuel for discussion. I do have a ready room of things to make staying in place easier. My thoughts, shtf, everyone runs for somewhere else... they are not sure where but they know here is not where they want to be. So, after they clog the highways and backroads leaving much of what they own unprotected and available I will be comfortable here. Up side, every house in the area has at least 40 gal of water available at all times, so water will not be a problem. Food, I am good for at least 10 days, my neighbors about the same, after a few days it will be easy for us to move as a team to find what has been left behind.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    BEER? Man I forgot all about the beer!
    That's it, im cleaning my bag out and starting over!
    But seriously, there is already several topics on Bug Out Bags.
    Put whatever you need to live, kill, and defend in there.

drummingchevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Houston
    Weapons-wise, I've got my LCP and my XD9 on me already. In/with my BOB I keep my AK-74 with 2 loaded mags and 5 packets of ammo, and 2 boxes of 9mm and 2 of .380. That's 210 rounds of 5.45x39, 145 rds of 9mm, and 113 rds of .380. As mentioned previously, bugging in is the best option and that is my plan so weapon/ammo stores aren't really an issue but if I do need to GTFO I've got a decent amount of ammo/weapons. Keep in mind, this is for bugging out with a vehicle so carrying all of this isn't something that I've planned for.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I am sorry PFChardin, it seems like a lot of people will not take this kind of thread seriously. I have found some really good information from FerFAL, a survivor of the Argentinean crisis. Check out his blog, and past articles and you can get some real good, "been there, done that" advice in the spirit of what you are asking about. Hopefully you will find what you are seeking there, drop me a pm if you would like to discuss it further. Good Luck,

Agreed.

In addition to a few immediate gallons of water and a small emergency filtration system, I save space and weight with mine by carrying a gallon of Clorox bleach. You can always find water, so it's a matter of purifying water and one gallon of bleach can do that to a few hundred gallons of water.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I doubt the S will ever H the F. I just don't see it. Some commie like Obama will sell us out and one morning we will be under new management. WW ll was the last real war of man fighting man. Today you can hide in the woods and the government (who still have all the good equipment) will find you with old tech like your body heat and simply blow you up.
    A natural disaster is another matter, and I plan for that.(if you live on the gulf coast and don't plan your normal) Survival is for a matter of days before aid arrives. It will take weeks of total neglect before widespread self defense would be needed. Besides most of us would not make it in the wild. What would most of do with a rabbit we shot? Cut off its foot for luck, then throw up. I'm speaking of myself because I know everyone on the internet is a trained survivalist and an expert marksman, have a limitless budget for tactial equipment and grew up in the forrest eating snakes. I grew up in the city and know food comes from HEB or Kroger.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I doubt the S will ever H the F. I just don't see it. Some commie like Obama will sell us out and one morning we will be under new management. WW ll was the last real war of man fighting man. Today you can hide in the woods and the government (who still have all the good equipment) will find you with old tech like your body heat and simply blow you up.
    A natural disaster is another matter, and I plan for that.(if you live on the gulf coast and don't plan your normal) Survival is for a matter of days before aid arrives. It will take weeks of total neglect before widespread self defense would be needed. Besides most of us would not make it in the wild. What would most of do with a rabbit we shot? Cut off its foot for luck, then throw up. I'm speaking of myself because I know everyone on the internet is a trained survivalist and an expert marksman, have a limitless budget for tactial equipment and grew up in the forrest eating snakes. I grew up in the city and know food comes from HEB or Kroger.

Now THIS is a funny post. I dont quite buy it all but it did make me choke on my easter brownies.

rbrthenderson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2010
    NRH
    I keep a bag in my truck that has an extra change of clothes, knife, watch, first aid kit, two water bottles, two spare mags for the G17 I keep in the truck. I also keep 24 hours worth of food, some Cliff bars and a deck of cards.

The bag has come in handy several times when I forgot a hat or when I cut myself.

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    Never have inventoried it. I did do a pretty thorough prep when I put it together though. Offhand, I have a Ka-bar 1255, Gerber box cutter, couple tampons ( for GSW's ), couple emergency food bars, a packet of emergency water, a Colt Defender w/three full mags, a backpacker's bible, paracord, a couple bandannas and a shemagh, a Marpat poncho. Just looked and found there's two mags for the P238 I carry. There's other stuff in there like a small 1st aid kit, rubber gloves, matches, lighters, extra batteries, pen, paper, and small LED lights. All this is in a Maxpedition jumbo versipack, and it goes to work with me everyday, weekends, not too much unless I stray far from home.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Various items in this form take up a lot of room in my bag.

shotshell.gif

Top Bottom