• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dobarker

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    I was sitting and waiting patiently at a stop-light intersection/cross walk, behind a large dump truck, when out of the corner of my eye I see a young female start walking adjacent on the crosswalk with her phone in her hand texting, and a set of ear-phones in her head.
    I figured this would be interesting so I watched.
    To my surprise, she walked straight into the side of the STOPPED dump truck's bed, wham , not the front, where it would have been mildly excusable, but the bed.

How can someone be so blatantly out of it that they walk face first into a dump truck?

What kind of conclusion can we draw on this account?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Technology such as cell phones and other portable commuication devices only take the general public's lack of awareness and sheep mentality out into view. I am not surprised.

I do not read or reply to text or emails when driving. I use a bluetooth hands free car kit (parrot) in the car, and it uses all voice commands. My daughter is not allowed to use her phone when engaging others (eating with others, walking thru the store, sitting with adults, etc.)

Technology is isolationg people from others. I see people dropping keys and gas pumps while holding cell phones to their ears rather than set the damn phone down. I see people being rude as hell while ordering food, paying a cashier, etc with a cell phone stuck to their ear. In general, people do not think about or give a rats ass about others around them.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Ok, I admit I'm an old grouchy guy but the new "smart phones" are inventions made for accident victims, I fully understand teenagers but what blows me away is seeing the 30 plus crowd using the damn things. Like all tools used properly they have a function beyond that simply needless toys, but hey it sells so therefore good, I guess, after all that is the point.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    My fav. Group of blondes in a walk in freezer . . . . . . . . Frosted Flakes

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    It isn't just the cell phone - on my way to the range last weekend, there was an accident on the freeway and traffic was slowed up in all lanes but still moving. I looked over and the woman in a red car was reading a book. Because of the way traffic was moving, I went by her several times over the next 20 minutes and she kept reading. Finally, the people in the car behind me rolled down the passenger side window, leaned out with a camera, and took her picture. She put the book away and seemed to be talking to herself a lot. Some people are just living on God's mercy.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    you ever try to take a pic with a digicam or a cell phone cam and get irritated at the slight delay between button push and picture snap? you loos the moment right?

well a few weeks back iw as in SA with a lady friend of mine, and we where around the medical center.

traffic was kindof slow, heading twoards that HEB that is all pastel colors... you knwo the one? over by the promenade III strip center, the one with the pentagon fed cred union? (thats where we where heading, iw anted to hit the ATM)
    anyway, the two lanes of traffic are going somewhat diffrent speeds stopping and going at diffrent moments.
    i look out my window, and (excuse me i dont know the correct terms) there was a lady, either indian or some kindof middle easter, with a head wrap thing on. i guess she either lost her bluetooth or didnt need one becasue she had her cell phone stuck inside it over her ear. so here head wrap deal was actually holding the phone in kindof a jury rigged handsfree sort of setup. omfg we laughed so hard. i mean, its a fairly good idea, and seemed to work well but jsut looked absurd.
    i mean get the picture in your mind.
    so i grabbed her iphone and started trying to take pics, i'd get it lined up, and her colomn of cars would jump ahead, or our s would move a little and i missed it liek 7 times. and by that time she had turned right and we lost her.

dang that wouldve been an awesome picture....

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    It isn't just the cell phone - on my way to the range last weekend, there was an accident on the freeway and traffic was slowed up in all lanes but still moving. I looked over and the woman in a red car was reading a book. Because of the way traffic was moving, I went by her several times over the next 20 minutes and she kept reading. Finally, the people in the car behind me rolled down the passenger side window, leaned out with a camera, and took her picture. She put the book away and seemed to be talking to herself a lot. Some people are just living on God's mercy.

When I was over in Italy last year, of course there's a lot of scooter and petite car traffic. I was purely impressed when I saw a scooterist cruising at about 40mph with a city map laid across his handle bars.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Frank, one of the bosses where I worked in Tulsa used to charge along deep in thought with his head down and moving fast. One day, he ran smack into a railroad car parked at the receiving dock.

That place was a hoot! Roy W. a big black guy with a huge afro used to eat with us and amazed us at the speed at which he ate. He'd take a chicken leg in his mouth and suck the meat right off of it ZIP! One night we found him in a restroom stall, hand on each side of the stall and screaming bloody murder. They hauled him away in an ambulance. He had a chicken bone stuck sideways in his butt!

Flash

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Frank, one of the bosses where I worked in Tulsa used to charge along deep in thought with his head down and moving fast. One day, he ran smack into a railroad car parked at the receiving dock.

That place was a hoot! Roy W. a big black guy with a huge afro used to eat with us and amazed us at the speed at which he ate. He'd take a chicken leg in his mouth and suck the meat right off of it ZIP! One night we found him in a restroom stall, hand on each side of the stall and screaming bloody murder. They hauled him away in an ambulance. He had a chicken bone stuck sideways in his butt!

Flash

I was trying to eat too fast Doc, yeah, that's it, really.......

Top Bottom