Target Sports

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I sold my Jeep and bought a 93 Ford Ranger pickup. The truck runs great, but it's on the ugly side. The heater core began to leak, so that's what I did yesterday. Ford thoughtfully furnished an access plate below the heater core. Four screws removed the access plate and it came right out the bottom of the dash.

The previous owner (my neighbor and friend) replaced that heater core a few years ago and it had a small leak close to the middle of the radiator type core. Nobody caused it. It just failed. Cost was $27.

Flash

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    I sold my Jeep and bought a 93 Ford Ranger pickup. The truck runs great, but it's on the ugly side. The heater core began to leak, so that's what I did yesterday. Ford thoughtfully furnished an access plate below the heater core. Four screws removed the access plate and it came right out the bottom of the dash.

The previous owner (my neighbor and friend) replaced that heater core a few years ago and it had a small leak close to the middle of the radiator type core. Nobody caused it. It just failed. Cost was $27.

Flash
    Wish the heater core on my Silverado was that easy. Looks like I have to take out the entire dash and then some. On the bright side, it is only held in by 1 or 2 screws :)

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Washer fluid reservoir sprung a leak. Had to pull the front passenger wheel and the fender liner to reach the tank. Ended up being at the pump. $5 of JB Weld and I’m all patched up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Washed my truck,installed new battery in my ATV, changed out the cabin. Air filter on the wires Journey.

mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    Started work on my new to me 75 Bronco. Removed crappy 4 point cage, removed crappy seats, and removed fenders and grill in preparation for front tube work. Wiring is a mess—will dive into that tomorrow along with some rust work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    Worked on the Honda grom with my boy today (8). Overall it ended pretty poorly but progress was made none the less.

I had some issues with adjusting the throttle cable. On hard right turns it was really stiff to close. I had the cable a bit too tight.

My boy was tightening one of the timing case covers and it broke. Clearly pot metal.

I got it all reassembled and couldn't find the new fuel injector I had ordered. Tore my stuff apart and had no luck. Ordered the injector and timing plug from Honda.

The last issue was with the new ECU I got. It was blowing the fuse. At that point I just gave up.

Here are a couple pics. You can see the porting and bigger valves.

Not shown is the ported throttlebody and high compression piston.
    f21827fe534a090a4b8ad0e31f089908.jpg
    386aea2f9021813b4f738ad26047c0c4.jpg
    cc23895d9e681eb5f5b61305dc41230c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Swapped out the reverse lights on two of the vehicles to “offroad use only” super bright LED. Coded out the canbus/voltage check errors associated with going to LED. Load resistors are not needed if you can code the computer to just be happy.

W

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Had to jump start my GMC Sonoma this morning. Put a new battery in it in August and it was working fine. This morning, no cranky, dash lights only. Once I got it started, I drove it around for a ½ hour and parked it. An hour later, sigh, dead again. Voltmeter showed a little over 11 volts. I don't know if it's a bad battery or if there is some sort of hidden drain. I'll be pulling it out of the vehicle tomorrow and putting it on a charger. If it holds the charge, bad news. Means I have an electrical problem in the vehicle.

Just wanted to add, this portable battery jump starter worked like a charm both times.
    Amazon product ASIN B07H58NP77
    1606184402542.png

Last edited:

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    2011 Ford Expedition.....oil/filter 7 quarts of Mobil 1 5W-20 and brake pads front and rear.......81,512.5 miles.........rotors were in good shape......getting to old for this shit, though.....

Top Bottom