What have you done to your vehicle lately?

Tnhawk

Lifetime Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 7, 2017
Southwest TN headed to TX
Replaced tires and batteries on Tacoma and Subaru. They were over 4 years old. Had plenty tread left but cracks were developing between the treads. Battery on each vehicle seemed to fail with summer heat. I'd rather do things like this at home than on the road.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oct 5, 2013
Georgetown
Replaced tires and batteries on Tacoma and Subaru. They were over 4 years old. Had plenty tread left but cracks were developing between the treads. Battery on each vehicle seemed to fail with summer heat. I'd rather do things like this at home than on the road.
I hope you bought a different brand of tires this time. I had the same problem with BF Goodrich tires. Cracks between the tread and on the sidewalls after only 5 years. Low mileage on the tires, around 5 to 6k. Discount tire did give me a good proration based on remaining tread.

Tnhawk

Lifetime Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 7, 2017
Southwest TN headed to TX
I hope you bought a different brand of tires this time. I had the same problem with BF Goodrich tires. Cracks between the tread and on the sidewalls after only 5 years. Low mileage on the tires, around 5 to 6k. Discount tire did give me a good proration based on remaining tread.
Tires were the originals from factory. Replaced with better brand from Sam's Club.

Dawico

Uncoiled
Lifetime Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Oct 15, 2009
Lampasas, Texas
Tires lube themselves but you have to use them for it to work.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
Lifetime Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Oct 15, 2009
Lampasas, Texas
Daughter hit a deer in her Renegade a while back. No major damage but you know how these modern plastic vehicles are.

Zip ties to the rescue to fix the broken brackets on the headlight, fog light, and general plastic trim mounts.

Daytime running light bulb replaced and what appears to be a bunch of snot (algae I'm guessing) rinsed out of the windshield washer jug and filter. It wouldn't even spray it was so gunked up.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
Lifetime Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Feb 1, 2010
DFW
Tahoe was leaking oil on my driveway. I loaned it to someone to pull a trailer and as a thank you tjey had my oil changed. Turns out they didn’t tighten the drain plug correctly.

Got it tightened. Threw kitty litter on the oil
Slick.

Dawico

Uncoiled
Lifetime Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Oct 15, 2009
Lampasas, Texas
In the past I've sanded and clear coated sun faded headlights but picked up this kit to try on our '05 Pathfinder.

I have to say I'm very impressed with how it turned out. The headlights are like new. I don't think my DIY attemps have ever gotten them this clear.

Plus there is enough product there to do at least 5 sets of lights.

Takes longer to tape off the paint than it does to treat the lights.

If you need to restore your headlights I highly recommend this kit.

Didn't take any before shots but will get some after shots later today.
0897935c9ef203aff8b218f00085d145.jpg

Dawico

Uncoiled
Lifetime Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Oct 15, 2009
Lampasas, Texas
In the past I've sanded and clear coated sun faded headlights but picked up this kit to try on our '05 Pathfinder.

I have to say I'm very impressed with how it turned out. The headlights are like new. I don't think my DIY attemps have ever gotten them this clear.

Plus there is enough product there to do at least 5 sets of lights.

Takes longer to tape off the paint than it does to treat the lights.

If you need to restore your headlights I highly recommend this kit.

Didn't take any before shots but will get some after shots later today.
0897935c9ef203aff8b218f00085d145.jpg

Good as new.
a791bf709a8f3471a690255fd516d711.jpg
07b21102c9812b6853b792dcb5cf7937.jpg

Products discussed on TGT

Top Bottom