DK Firearms

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Hey Dan you know of any local racing leagues? I know some cities have track days at least. COTA seems to be a real boutique deal. Im looking to run through some cones on an old airfield against a timer sort of thing.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Hey Dan you know of any local racing leagues? I know some cities have track days at least. COTA seems to be a real boutique deal. Im looking to run through some cones on an old airfield against a timer sort of thing.
    A guy I work with is big-time into AutoSlalom here in Texas. I'll PM you his email address BC.

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Cibolo, TX

I know there is some SCCA events that are probably local to you. Google SCCA Austin. Been wanting to get into it myself.

I put upgraded sway bars front and rear on my 3LT ZQ8 Chevrolet Colorado. Also had the tint done. Put 3M CR90 on the whole windshield. Protects the leather and blocks as much heat as 3M Color Stable 50% tint. Changed the oil as well. She is good for another 7K miles. Just needs a bath...

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Assembled all four, but only got the front lift struts in. 1.5" taller now. Hopefully get the rears and the skidplates on later.

GarandShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2014
    Well, a few months ago I got this 2006 Chevy 2500HD Duramax... In the past few months... Leveling kit, tow mirrors, bumper/grille guard, headache rack, tool box, and some audio gear (that was 18th birthday Christmas present from aunt and uncles). They added subs, touch screen radio, door speakers, cell boosters, etc.

Next will be bigger tired and rims.. But she just had new tires put on, so I'm waiting till those need replacing!

She's coming along!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403376224.523817.jpg

M1 Garand: late '44 Springfield
    1903A3: Early '43 Remington

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Unfortunately I haven't done much of anything race wise since I moved to Austin. TWS in College Station regulatory has HPDEs and every couple of month will do an open track day. Sounds kinda like you want to do some autocross. Austin seems to be in a some weird null zone in that regard. Occasionally Spokes.org or TexasSCCA.org will put on one here, but they mainly stick to San Antonio and Fort Worth respectively. I would totally be down to goto one with you if you find one in town.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Unfortunately I haven't done much of anything race wise since I moved to Austin. TWS in College Station regulatory has HPDEs and every couple of month will do an open track day. Sounds kinda like you want to do some autocross. Austin seems to be in a some weird null zone in that regard. Occasionally Spokes.org or TexasSCCA.org will put on one here, but they mainly stick to San Antonio and Fort Worth respectively. I would totally be down to goto one with you if you find one in town.

Cool. Ill keep an ear out. I guess COTA is too nice to let the riff raff on the track.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I guess COTA is too nice to let the riff raff on the track.
    Initially there was some club track days that you could get in on, but at one point they canceled all the club events and then after a bunch of hate mail allowed it again. It's stupid expensive, tho... I don't see many clubs renting the track.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Initially there was some club track days that you could get in on, but at one point they canceled all the club events and then after a bunch of hate mail allowed it again. It's stupid expensive, tho... I don't see many clubs renting the track.

Right. I checked out the prices. No way. Sapper sent me a contact. Ill see what I find out.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Had a set of downpipes installed on my truck.
    Lots of turbo whistle to go with the bump in power.
    Electric exhaust cutout going on in the next week or so...

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish

I guess you heard ...
    Development Could Replace Texas World Speedway with Neighborhood

I've spent some quality time there ...
    I wanna be a Rockstar on Vimeo

I'll miss it ...

Wiked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    The plan is to do the accents and bumpers in matte black and redo the green a darker green
    ysy7amep.jpg

Top Bottom