What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Txhighlander

In the end is where we begin.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Cass county Texas
    Bought a lifted 09 Wrangler X 2 door for a song. They however didn't change the gear ratio so it is in the shop as I type getting that done. I am taking it to 456 from 321. 6 speed manual transmission. Decided also to put the Eaton locker in the front that only locks up in 4wd and a Yukon duragrip limited slip in the rear. This should make it a little beast monster. Lots more to do but a solid base to work with that had less than 32000 miles in it. Winch bumper with rope winch front and rear after market bumper as well as extra lighting. 33's with different mags and the spare as well. Hunting season purchase after pricing side by sides, not only no but he'll no. Admittedly I am having a blast, first Jeep. Pictures to follow when she gets home.

Txhighlander

In the end is where we begin.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Cass county Texas
    Bought a lifted 09 Wrangler X 2 door for a song. They however didn't change the gear ratio so it is in the shop as I type getting that done. I am taking it to 456 from 321. 6 speed manual transmission. Decided also to put the Eaton locker in the front that only locks up in 4wd and a Yukon duragrip limited slip in the rear. This should make it a little beast monster. Lots more to do but a solid base to work with that had less than 32000 miles in it. Winch bumper with rope winch front and rear after market bumper as well as extra lighting. 33's with different mags and the spare as well. Hunting season purchase after pricing side by sides, not only no but he'll no. Admittedly I am having a blast, first Jeep. Pictures to follow when she gets home.
    Picked up the Jeep Wednesday and wow the gears did wonders. Now time for better lighting.
    20240706_200252.jpg
    20240706_200315.jpg
    20240706_200452.jpg
    20240706_200434.jpg

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Bought some hood struts from Hooke Road for my Jeep Gladiator. The plastic holding the hood rod felt like it would break every time I used it. I love these struts, they work better than expected and make it easier not having the rod in the way:

View attachment 460785
    Red Line Tuning has similar struts. Put them on my 2019 Jeep a few years back for the same reason.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Red Line Tuning has similar struts. Put them on my 2019 Jeep a few years back for the same reason.
    Yeah, I initially intended to buy the Red Line, but those were $99.95 as opposed to Hooke Road's $64.95. Plus the pieces connecting to the hood looked easier to install, so I took a chance on them instead. So far I am very satisfied.

Top Bottom