pix134889617.jpg

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Bought night sights for my Glock 21. Realized I needed a tool to swap them out, so last night I ordered said tools.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Three boxes of Winchester 9mm NATO 50 rounds per box, yesterday at Academy Sports. Limit of three or I would have bought a case. They were marked $12.99 and I got a 10% discount as a retired first responder. You should have seen the look on the gal's face when I asked her if the discount applied for retired folks; she kind of looked me over and stammered "you have to have ID to prove that". I guess the long hair and beard threw her off. Any way that made them $11.69 each plus whatever tax they added on. Not bad, especially in these times. Did not get the chance to go back later and try again but will look later today. My guess is it is all gone.

Stopped at a local gun store yesterday too, a new place for me, they had some Blazer Brass 9mm in stock for a mere $29.99 per box of 50. What a difference a little shopping around makes!

Kong Sheng Han

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2020
    Austin, Texas
    Sorry - I'm a bit confused. The state used to allow it? Or the ban ability was allowed and the state stopped that ability? I honestly didn't know this was a thing.

Welcome, by the way!

Thanks!

My understanding is that it’s the latter. I think there were no laws in the past that prevented landlords from not allowing firearms in their contracts.

In Texas, apartments cannot prevent you from exercising basic rights on property you control.

I.e.
    30.07 is enforceable, but 30.06 is not
    They cannot enforce "no firearms" in YOUR apartment and you could sue for them trying.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I signed my lease before the Sept 1, 2019 date, so it would still apply to my lease. Also, UT Austin bought my apartment complex halfway thru the lease, which muddies up the situation. My guess would be that campus carry laws apply. Moving into a new place this weekend, so I’m not concerned at this point.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Thanks!

My understanding is that it’s the latter. I think there were no laws in the past that prevented landlords from not allowing firearms in their contracts.

I signed my lease before the Sept 1, 2019 date, so it would still apply to my lease. Also, UT Austin bought my apartment complex halfway thru the lease, which muddies up the situation. My guess would be that campus carry laws apply. Moving into a new place this weekend, so I’m not concerned at this point.
    I think the law is on your side. The court ruling (IIRC) was those sections of contracts were in violation of the law and unenforceable. The fact your residence is t.u. property shouldn't matter and to this cop it wouldn't.

Your domicile, your kingdom.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Two 20 round boxes of Hornady 300 WIN MAG, two 25 round boxes of Federal 12 gauge, 7 1/2 shot, game & target loads and a 525 round round box of Winchester 22 LR - all from Attwoods.

500 rounds of Aguila .380 AUTO, 95 gr., FMJ ammo from Academy Sports. Being I recently purchased two pistols in 380, this was a very welcome find and the price was not too bad @ $14.39 per box after the first responder discount was applied (normal price was $15.99 each).

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Relatively speaking, 380 AUTO, 32 AUTO and 25 ACP have never been cheap as compared to 9mm ammo. It always amazed me how much they charge for a box of 25 ACP, sometimes more than a box of 9mm. Anyway, the price today, while not great, was not all that bad considering the current situation.

SnowKat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2020
    Humble
    Yesterday I Picked up a Stoeger MK3 12ga. It only had one choke with it so today made a trip to Brileys to get two more, so now have IC, M, FC. stoped by Academy on the way back and picked some 12Ga 7 1/2 shot.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Received 15 sets of Uncle Mike's sling swivels, a magazine for my Remington 513T Matchmaster and a Mossberg 640KA Chuckster bolt action rifle in 22 WMR. Also bought a couple of boxes of 12 gauge shells at Academy - no busloads of people buying guns at my local Academy Sports.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Two 20 round boxes of Hornady 300 WIN MAG, two 25 round boxes of Federal 12 gauge, 7 1/2 shot, game & target loads and a 525 round round box of Winchester 22 LR - all from Attwoods.

500 rounds of Aguila .380 AUTO, 95 gr., FMJ ammo from Academy Sports. Being I recently purchased two pistols in 380, this was a very welcome find and the price was not too bad @ $14.39 per box after the first responder discount was applied (normal price was $15.99 each).
    Thank you sir for your first responder service

flgfish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2020
    The Woodlands
    My coolest purchase lately is a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24.... gonna mount it on a S&W M&P 15-22 and have a ball with my son.

I have a Sig red dot on my AR, we will see if this sort of optic makes it over to that gun or not. It’s my first rodeo with a variable optic of this sort.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    All this Canik talk got me curious. Academy Had just Put some out. Canik TP9 SF Elite.

I found it interesting that Academy is the warranty contact for this gun. If something happens, you take it back to Academy.

feels good in my hand and I like the color. Range report to come.

5C7C1D55-1946-48DD-8D9E-2983545002E5.jpeg

Top Bottom