Hurley's Gold

What Gun dreams do you have about shooting or using guns in sport hunting or self defense?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I've had many dreams where my gun failed, and I had to go to a blade to win the day. Knife, machete, sword, spear....all did the job. That's why, even if I can't have a gun with me, I'll always have a blade.

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    So what dreams about guns do you have?

I used to dream that the bullets would fall out of the barrel and hit the ground. Recently it's that the trigger is too heavy to pull or the damn thing wont work at all. All during times someone desperately needs to be shot.
    Often the types of dreams that come after a traumatic experience with firearms like you being robbed, or being shot or you shooting someone (whether or not justifiably). There was a movie years ago, think it was called Zotz. Zotz was the magic word for the holder of a magical coin to say that would then cause weird things to happen, like slow everything around him down. A shot bullet was slowed and accompanied by a weird sound. After I shot a robber in the balls (actually through one thigh (2 holes), his sack (two more holes and his other thigh (one more hole for total of 5 with one shot) I had nightmares for at least 6 months in which my pistol always failed me and the bullets would often come out in slow mo with that sound from the movie Zotz, then often hit the ground after a arching fall. Other times the pistol would not work. Funny thing is, a Customs Inspector who was also a retired cop asked me, years later, if after I shot that guy I had those same nightmares because he had them too after he had shot a bad guy.

I got rid of those dreams, for the most part, by practicing cognizant or lucid dreaming (as best I remember that is what it was called). I would realize I was dreaming and then make a conscious while dreaming to realize it was only a nightmare and turn it into a good dream or just wake myself up peacefully. Took some weeks of practice to get that done but it worked well for me. Apparently not everyone can do it and some say that doing it may cause mental health problems but I found it resolved my issues. Have not tried that in a long time and did it last in 2011 when I was battling cancer and had a dream that I was levitating just above the ground and had two or three demons ripping out my sides and devouring me. In the dream, I simply floated/flew away from them into sheer blackness and utter tranquility and they disappeared. The psych classes in college paid of at least in that regard.

Other than gun failure dreams, the only dreams I remember about guns are the waking sort - dreaming I may someday own a Remingtom Model 8 or have the high bid on a gun I want at an auction and so on.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    quillhadron.gif

mm54943

Not So Well Known...
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Fort Bend area
    I had a weird dream I bought ammo and the bullets kept falling out of the casing, causing powder to spill all over the place.

Top Bottom