• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Bought half of one today. A used DD M4v1 upper. Not clone correct at all, but it helps fill that gap in my heart for a block 2. This one will get an Acog.
    20240427_184746.jpg

Last edited:

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Well today I had the chance to get my dream gun - a Remington Model 8 in 35 REM. The model, not the particular gun,that helped take down Bonnie & Clyde. It was listed in an auction and the auctioneer told me it was in 98% condition, so must have been a beauty. I bid as much as I could, which was $850 plus a 13% buyer's premium, making it a subtotal of $960.50 plus about $60 shipping & insurance plus another $20 FFL fee on my end. The other bidder got it for $875 plus all those add ons. Had I bid again it would have been a total of about $1097.00, too much for me.

Oh well I got the next best thing maybe even a better thing but just not my Model 8 dream gun from the dirty-thirties gangster days. The one I got is the Model 8s son, so to speak, a Remington Model 81 in 35 REM. I much prefer the stocks on the Model 81, beefier forearm and pistol like grip on the shoulder stock that adds strength to the design of the shoulder stock over the Model 8s straight grip. The Model 81 as reported to me to be in 95% condition with a bit of very light rust on barrel and receiver. It will be okay as it is not going into a display case but will be a fun shooter. I almost can not imagine firing 35 REM in a semi-auto, should be fun. It was $927.50 total with all add ons. Not that much of a difference but enough to keep me from getting the Model 8. This is it:

Remington Model 81 right.jpg
    Remington Model 81 Left.jpg

Sure is pretty.

I also had the high bid on a Llama Small Frame pistol in 22 LR. I was offered one of those back in the late eighties or early nineties by a coworker in the Customs Service for about $100 bucks. I did not have the cash, told him I'd go to the bank and get it tout de suite; he said he'd wait. So, I hurried to the bank, got the cash and hurried back to the office. When I got there he told me he sold it to another agent who had the cash. Fucker! Anyway, I finally got one today. It supposedly has 90% plus finish though it looks to be better in their photos:

Llama Small Frame 22 LR right.jpg

Llama  Small Frame 22 LR  left.jpg

The Llama will make a nice plaything at the range (plaything with all due safety respect as it is a firearm but 22s are just fun enough to be considered playthings for responsible shooters as far as I am concerned). Well, it will be fun if not a jam-omatic.

I also had the high bid on a WASR-10. Regarding it, I was bidding on behalf of my son and they will send it to him via his dealer/FFL.That one is supposed to by as new at 95% plus finish with a single modification - the grip (some stupid NY crap). They told me that is the only modification and that it can easily be changed back to a normal grip. I think my son is nuts because I believe he paid too much for it but that is his business. Here it is:

WASR-10 right Hessney BBB April 2024.jpg
    WASR-10 Left Hessney BBB April 2024.jpg

I must say, I have never seen a WASR-10 that looked quite like this one but readily admit I do not know much about them. I had one but it had a much different shoulder stock, and a much shorter barrel as I recall. Whatever,he liked it enough to bid about $300more than I thought he should then got it form a bid $25.00 less than his high bid.

Got some other stuff including, an 8 round 1911 mag, four manuals/takedown guides (one for the Remington Model 8 & Model 81), three AR-15 five rd. mags and two books, one on taxidermy and one on Colts, those last two in the same lot. Spent too much as usual but what the heck I cannot wait to shoot the two firearms I got for myself but being THE Great Procrastinator, I may be waiting a while.

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    Picked up this Shield Plus 30 Super Carry. Why, I have no idea other than I just wanted to shoot one and the price was right I thought. But, that being said, I know if I ever decide to sell it I will definitely lose money. View attachment 449037

Just sell it to zackmars when you’re done with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom