What gun did you buy today?

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
Lifetime Member
Oct 4, 2013
Gunz are icky.
Nice! That looks to be in great shape. I have a carbon copy in the safe and it’s a prized possession given to me by my father-in-law (RIP, George).
Of course, without a range report you’ve labeled yourself a total and complete slacker!

Just back from the range.
Gun has a problem. The extractor and extractor extension threads are stripped. So what that means is the extractor isn't functioning properly. Now I know why I got the thing cheap.
Overall the gun appears to be lightly fired but heavily handled. It cleaned up easily but its going to need a few parts replaced. Numerich has the parts. I'll order them once all this shipping craziness from the big freeze clears out.
Anyways, gun fires fine. Quite accurate but hitting way too low.
Sights will need a bit of work. Front sight is too tall. I'll need to file it down a bit as, even at its lowest adjustment point, gun still hitting too low. Windage is easy to adjust.
I was getting 1" groups at 30ft so its capable.
Ahhhhhh.....the joy of used guns.

billtool

Well-Known
Nov 16, 2008
The Wooldlands
Just back from the range.
Gun has a problem. The extractor and extractor extension threads are stripped. So what that means is the extractor isn't functioning properly. Now I know why I got the thing cheap.
Overall the gun appears to be lightly fired but heavily handled. It cleaned up easily but its going to need a few parts replaced. Numerich has the parts. I'll order them once all this shipping craziness from the big freeze clears out.
Anyways, gun fires fine. Quite accurate but hitting way too low.
Sights will need a bit of work. Front sight is too tall. I'll need to file it down a bit as, even at its lowest adjustment point, gun still hitting too low. Windage is easy to adjust.
I was getting 1" groups at 30ft so its capable.
Ahhhhhh.....the joy of used guns.
So did it fire OK and fairly accurate? Mine can hit minute of squirrel at 20 yards. Sight leave something to be desired beyond that. Well...so do my eyes. Gotta love Numerich. It’s a great business model.
Well done!

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
Lifetime Member
Oct 4, 2013
Gunz are icky.
Bit of good news for me just now. UPS has finally showed some movement on my incoming .45lc carbine.
Everything UPS or FedEx has just been dead as a hammer since Friday.
No tracking. No delivery. Nothing.
Just now I noticed the gun showed some movement. Supposedly will he delivered tomorrow. I ain’t holding my breath. If it makes it here in time i will shoot it Saturday.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
Oct 9, 2017
Mckinney TX
I received 3 20 round boxes of Steak 9 mm ammo today. I misakely ordered the wrong stuff. Anyone know anything about it?
I met with the owner when they first developed this ammo. There is a non-toxic paint on the base of the bullet, the when cartridge is fired, illuminates the paint giving it the "streak" like a tracer. Sold a lot of it to ranges for night shoots. IIRC they are Hornady XTP bullets.

Primary

TexasGunTalk Assistant
Here are some related products that TexasGunTalk members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TexasGunTalk’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TexasGunTalk discussions about these products.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads