• Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    Walked into a pawn shop today.
    Down in the display case was a SS S&W with a 3” bbl.
    Turned out to be a Model 65-3.
    Yeah. It followed me home.
    Poor thing hadn’t been cleaned since Ronald Reagan was in the White House.
    Got’er done. Everything spinning freely now.
    Bore looks like new.
    Woot!
    Had one of those for years, had a bout of insanity and sold it. Not one of my brighter moments. She was a shooter.
    Hurley's Gold

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Done got another Glock, picked up a G43x to start carrying since my PPS Classic has been discontinued.

Picked up a new EBP*
    yesterday.

S&W M&P Shield Plus.

* Evil Black Pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Found a pristine Ruger mk2 slab side today, had to put it on layaway. No marks on it at all. It will come with rail and rings, sweet trigger and target grips. Can't wait.

Taurus GX4 w/ 4 mags included for $350 @ Academy. Considering the price of mags, it was a deal I couldn't walk away from.....

Bore looks like new.
    Woot!

I do not believe what you say... Not until you post pics... ;)

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Bore looks like new.
    Woot!
    Waiting for the pictures.......

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    38D077E8-BE39-4F79-80EB-9959FEBCB4EF.jpeg

B4A2140D-D4F5-4D1E-98DF-ADD7B8D8C77B.jpeg

I fart in your general direction.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas

LOL....wife asked me the same thing......seriously thinking about it, a 10.5 in. barrel is !70.00 from Auto Ordnance..........I already ordered a repro sling from them...won't help the weight really...the thing is heavy.........

Interesting fact.....the manual states the warranty will be voided if steel ammo is used........

Last edited:

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    Picked this up on Friday wasn’t in the market for a striker fire let alone a sig(love P-2xx series) but I saw it and was impressed. I had no idea the P365 came out with a leigon edition.
    Range report, Threw on a spare holosun I had laying around and put 250rds of 124nato down yesterday. The “comp” does a little if any but the metal frame does soak up quite a bit of recoil making for a very pleasant range day.
    1708284382664.jpeg

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    1708293975552.jpeg

1708294839351.jpeg

I have not bought any more guns since I had the high bid on this one on January 27th, I need to recoup some cash before the next Hessney.com auction. It just arrived this past week at my FFL. Nice rifle and all but I must have been crazy to bid $500 for a rifle in 22 LR that is not a supe-duper target rifle. Add to that bid buyers premium and shipping, and my total cost for it was $650 (not including $20 for the FFL on my end). Amazingly and rather disturbing to me was that the shipping was an unbelievable $85 via UPS - which I will be checking with UPS about. I think somebody screwed up there because when I have shipped guns even with the insurance to cover my cost for the gun, it has never been higher than about $55.00 to the furthest I have ever shipped them.

Once I saw it in person, I was a bit disappointed with the wood finish. There is a dark line in the finish that in all likelihood is due to how the grain is laid out but that also in all likelihood could have been rubbed down to not appearing as dark as it is as it runs crosswise against the grain, it is nowhere nearly as bad looking in the photo as it is in person. Otherwise it seems perfect and maybe I am just nit picking but just a bit more quality control would have been nice considering the price for which these things usually sell.

Truth is when I bid $500 on it, I never expected to have the high bid. It sells for more as seen on AmmoSeek and folks who participate in the same auction often, if not usually, bid higher than the retail price on guns but not this time. Still though I got a very good deal on it and cannot complain about my cost. The lowest price on Ammo.seek plus shipping works out to $742.75 plus sales tax - as I type. Sales tax would have brought the total to $818.88. So I got it at an decent discount of $168.88 under the lowest retail price I saw for it; yet, I still think I am nuts for getting a 22 at that price so, I'll need to think more of finances before bidding in future auctions (yeah right like that's about to happen when this gun junkie needs :facepalm: a new gun).

The only other issue I have with this rifle has me scratching my head; for the life of me I cannot understand why is is that CZ thought it a good idea to have CZ 457 Royal carved into both sides of the stock. Maybe it is supposed be a status symbol for folks when they go to the range with it but I just don't get why anyone would want that there, to me it looks ridiculous now that I see it up close. Sooner or later I will either sell it or I will take it to the range and shoot the heck out of it - or both.

Top Bottom