• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmottndfw

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2024
    Celeste, TX
    I'm a little torn between the Sig X-Marco compensated version and the the Glock 43x MOS.
    I have a 43 and XMAcro tactical Non Comp, but I'm just not sure which one to go with here
    Capitol Armory ad

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I've never heard of Renaissance Wax so I googled it. Might have to try it. It sounds a little like Flitz which I had forgotten about. I'll give it a shot. Thanks
    Renaissance Wax is good stuff and I use it on nickel plated handguns and other guns too., Flitz can be, but either way be very gentle, when you flake off any nickel plate or buff too deep, it only gets worse from there...

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Renaissance Wax is good stuff and I use it on nickel plated handguns and other guns too.
    A silhouette shooter I knew way back in the day showed up with a new unlimited pistol with a highly polished stainless barrel. I thought so, anyway. Then I looked closer and realized all the metal work, including the action, looked to be highly polished stainless. However, XPs were never produced in stainless and he saw I was puzzled so he explained.

He wanted something shiny and fancy, so he put a mirror polish on the bolt, action, and barrel. He was using an aluminum bolt shroud so that didn't look quite right, btw.

I asked him how, since he had removed all the protective finish, he planned to keep rust at bay.

"I just clean it after I use it and then wax it" was what he said, holding up a can of Renaissance wax. I didn't know until just now that he was using a wax intended for metal preservation.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Taurus GX4 w/ 4 mags included for $350 @ Academy. Considering the price of mags, it was a deal I couldn't walk away from.....

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Scored in trade: P220 Carry SAO with 3 mags, extra tacticool gold TiN barrel, Grey Guns adjustable trigger.
    93545678a532572c8d25ca600802ecfd.jpg

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    I'm a little torn between the Sig X-Marco compensated version and the the Glock 43x MOS.
    I have a 43 and XMAcro tactical Non Comp, but I'm just not sure which one to go with here
    Maco Comp over the 43x MOS. Both are optic ready so go with the one that nets you the comp.

jmottndfw

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2024
    Celeste, TX
    @SURVIVOR619, yep, plus 17+1 mag cap. Plus PLUS..... anything's better than a glock. @jmottndfw, I got one (P365 macro) last year, love it, its my ED
    I edc my X Macro, but still swap out to my 43 or a Smith 642/640 from time to time. I was thinking of the 43x because I have a 507c BNIB that I thought would fit the 43x, but since it won't I'll just pick up a 507K and give the X Macro comp'd version a go.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Walked into a pawn shop today.
    Down in the display case was a SS S&W with a 3” bbl.
    Turned out to be a Model 65-3.
    Yeah. It followed me home.
    Poor thing hadn’t been cleaned since Ronald Reagan was in the White House.
    Got’er done. Everything spinning freely now.
    Bore looks like new.
    Woot!

Top Bottom