• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    I've been waiting for at least 2 years for Beretta to tell me mine is finally in and ready for me. I've given up on them. Congrats, that's the one to get.
    Thank you, hope you don’t have to wait much longer.

davidindallas

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2014
    I picked up this Walther OSP in .22 short yesterday.
    Paul Dinant was a marksman back in the 60's to 80's in California.
    He once held a national rifle record for many years.
    The "engraved" name on the grip is actually gold lettering protected by a clear coat.

1706202081543.png

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I picked up this Walther OSP in .22 short yesterday.
    When the ISSF Men's Rapid Fire Pistol rules changed making all those .22 short pistols useless, I expected prices to drop. They did in Europe, though not as far as fast as I thought they would since some clubs kept using the old rules.

I never saw one in the USA offered for sale at a price reflective of their usefulness for any purpose, i.e. nothing. Everybody wanted to sell bit everybody also wanted to get their money out of their pistol.

These days I have to wonder how many of that type of pistol are sitting in the backs of closets, waiting to be disposed of in estate sales.

The whole situation is sad and frustrating.

I hope you got a good price but even if you overpaid, that's one of those guns that thrills you with it's craftsmanship and design every time you pick it up. Congratulations.

BTW - Is that one of the pistols for which a practice string trigger group was available? If it was, did you get it? That would be so, so neat.

davidindallas

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2014
    When the ISSF Men's Rapid Fire Pistol rules changed making all those .22 short pistols useless, I expected prices to drop. They did in Europe, though not as far as fast as I thought they would since some clubs kept using the old rules.

I never saw one in the USA offered for sale at a price reflective of their usefulness for any purpose, i.e. nothing. Everybody wanted to sell bit everybody also wanted to get their money out of their pistol.

These days I have to wonder how many of that type of pistol are sitting in the backs of closets, waiting to be disposed of in estate sales.

The whole situation is sad and frustrating.

I hope you got a good price but even if you overpaid, that's one of those guns that thrills you with it's craftsmanship and design every time you pick it up. Congratulations.

BTW - Is that one of the pistols for which a practice string trigger group was available? If it was, did you get it? That would be so, so neat.
    I bought the gun bare. Just pistol and magazine.
    Yes I got it for a great price.

Top Bottom