TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    1649094809954.png
    I have one in fde. They must be discontinued now, can't find one.
    Guns International

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    I tired getting one similar.

It was listed as an Exclusive Lipsey's gun and I contacted them about it. They haven't had one since 2020.

So I went with what I could get.

Sent from somewhere over the Soviet Union
    Extra MAGAzines @AdvanceTactical.com

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Picked up this 12-3 for a song today. Gotta fit those fancy-ass plastic grips better. Thinking about just wrapping them in tennis racket tape and calling it a day. It’s sure shows well earned use, but timing and lock-up are rock solid. I wouldn’t go shootin’ a bunch of +P’s through it, but it’ll make one heck of a ranch pistola.

Anybody have a pair of correct grips they’re willing to donate or sell cheap? Clearly, I’m not really concerned if they’ve see use. In fact, if they’re pretty and perfect, they sure don’t belong on this gun.
    167DF609-450C-4225-902F-7653E244829A.jpeg
    1BF3AB2A-39EB-47CE-9EF0-50E3AFCCF3DE.jpeg

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Picked up this 12-3 for a song today. Gotta fit those fancy-ass plastic grips better. Thinking about just wrapping them in tennis racket tape and calling it a day. It’s sure shows well earned use, but timing and lock-up are rock solid. I wouldn’t go shootin’ a bunch of +P’s through it, but it’ll make one heck of a ranch pistola.

Anybody have a pair of correct grips they’re willing to donate or sell cheap? Clearly, I’m not really concerned if they’ve see use. In fact, if they’re pretty and perfect, they sure don’t belong on this gun.
    View attachment 312584 View attachment 312585
    I'd take 2 of those.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.

View attachment 312584 View attachment 312585

I have a set of mesquite non-factory grips you can have for it. I’ll have to dig them out of the parts box but pretty sure they’re for a square K frame.
    You could bang them up to match the gun. LoL

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I have a set of mesquite non-factory grips you can have for it. I’ll have to dig them out of the parts box but pretty sure they’re for a square K frame.
    You could bang them up to match the gun. LoL
    Ha! Sweet. When you can- dig’em up and I’ll drop you my address. I bet I can find some ZEISS swag to thank a Brother. The gun safe reflection seems to show some ugly that really isn’t there. It’s still a solid 4 in the looks dept though. When it shoots that legless lizard or froth faced yote though- it’ll look like the last gal at closin’ time.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Ha! Sweet. When you can- dig’em up and I’ll drop you my address. I bet I can find some ZEISS swag to thank a Brother. The gun safe reflection seems to show some ugly that really isn’t there. It’s still a solid 4 in the looks dept though. When it shoots that legless lizard or froth faced yote though- it’ll look like the last gal at closin’ time.
    Gimme a few days. This week is going to be hectic at work. I’ll PM you.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Nice find on the Model 12, @billtool . The Model 12 has different frame dimensions that any other K frame S&W. Regular K frame grips will go on but they won't fit right. The Model 12 frame is machined narrower and there will be a gap between the frame and the grips. Also, look for a crack in the frame near where the model number is stamped inside the crane. This is the weak spot on the Airweight.
    Still, a nice old Airweight gun and I just know it will be a good shooter.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The Model 12 has different frame dimensions that any other K frame S&W. Regular K frame grips will go on but they won't fit right.
    I didn't know that. Is that always the case? Or, to put it another way, is there such a thing as a K or L frame S&W whose frame is exactly the same as a regular K or L frame?

A round butt, K frame, aluminum snubbie is one of the few things that might motivate me to buy another gun.

Wodon43

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    North of Houston
    Picked up a Smith Shield Plus and a couple of 13rd mags. I had the original shield but it was to small for my hand and sold it a short time after I got it.
    I wasn’t going to buy another shield but the deal was to good to pass up and I’m glad I did. I love the plus, with the 13rd mag it fits perfectly in my hand and is more concealable than the Glock 26 I usually carry

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I didn't know that. Is that always the case? Or, to put it another way, is there such a thing as a K or L frame S&W whose frame is exactly the same as a regular K or L frame?

A round butt, K frame, aluminum snubbie is one of the few things that might motivate me to buy another gun.
    The Model 12 is the only one with a different frame. But, the very late ones may be the same as a "normal" K frame.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas

Looks like they changed the frame on -4 Model 12's.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom