What do you wear hunting in Texas and other American states?

satx78247

TGT Addict
Jun 23, 2014
Pretty much what his clothes were designed for. Y'all know the fringe on the jacket is to help shed water?
baboon,

YEP. And fringe was also to help break up the hunter's outline.

yours, satx

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
May 28, 2008
Mustang Ridge
Because it is so hot in September I typically just wear a coating of OFF! Or some other deet based bug repellant. By the time deer season rolls around I will wear a loin cloth in addition to the bug repellent.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
Sep 29, 2009
Pearland, TX
Because it is so hot in September I typically just wear a coating of OFF! Or some other deet based bug repellant. By the time deer season rolls around I will wear a loin cloth in addition to the bug repellent.
Make it a double layer of OFF around the nethers. I don't need bugs there at all.

baboon

TGT Addict
May 6, 2008
In a dumpy house on an expensive lot
When I first moved to Texas in 1982 I went duck hunting with a guy from work.We went down to Palacios to hunt the bay from his jon boat. When I left Chicago in January I was wearing most of my yankee hunting clothes as it was a blizzard.

The hunt took place in February & none of those clothes were not needed. I ended up getting sun burnt & my first fire ant bites.

Another thing new refugees need to be aware of ar allergenes in the air. Once while checking out a lease in San Marcos I got Cedar Fever. I was so sick from sleeping outside that I ended up on my hands & knees crawling & puking. I puked from San Marcos to Schulenberg non stop. Felt fine until I returned.

MacZC7

Jul 11, 2020
Texas
For some reason I read this and thought it asked about Dove Hunting...

Top Bottom