• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Watchdog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio
    So I called to setup electricity and water today. I asked the Water people if they could tell me the average monthly bill the place I am taking over had and got "I can't release that personal info" Though I probed how that is personal info, I got no where. Then I asked what is a safe average to think about for a house that has no pool, is 2000sqft and will have 2 adults/1 kid in it. She gave me the range of $40-$300/mo. :confused::confused::confused: Needless to say she was useless.

So out of curiosity, what do you guys pay for water/power on average per month. In AZ I have a similarly sized house pay about $175/mo electric (all electric house), and $45 for water/sewer.

I have heard water is high in SA, just trying to get perspective. Thanks!
    Texas SOT

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I'm in corpus, family of 2 we pay about 120 bucks a month for water gas and trash.

Electricity varies greatly depending on season. But it's somewhere around 9-11 cents a kwh

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    New Braunfels, water sprinkler system, family of 2 - about $130/mo (water heavily once/wk).

Utilities - $120/mo winter, $220/mo summer, 2400 sq ft home @ 74 degrees summer/70 winter.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Did you notice the part about the sprinkler system? Our yard is (literally) a half-acre in size. Also, that includes trash and recycling bill.....If we just did household water, it'd be about $45/mo.... When we water, it's for 14 hours.....

Watchdog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio
    Did you notice the part about the sprinkler system? Our yard is (literally) a half-acre in size. Also, that includes trash and recycling bill.....If we just did household water, it'd be about $45/mo.... When we water, it's for 14 hours.....

Yeah, I saw the Sprinkler system piece, but a 1/2 acre is a different factor all together. Oddly where I am at everything is separate, I don't even have clarity yet on who does trash/recycling, LOL.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    My Baytown area house is small- about 1000 square feet. Electricity is $100-150/month (all electric appliances) and water is on a private well system at $22 per month. My electric furnace/ac is new but in the winter, I seldom use the heater unless it is 20 degrees or less outside. I use space heaters, they keep the place pretty cozy and they lop $100 off of the electric bill which would reach $250 with the furnace.

Flash

UncleSamsMisguidedChild

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    San Antonio
    I pay about $45 a month for just water, our trash is a private company and runs around $60 a quarter. We rarely use our Air conditioner, so our average electric bill is right around $100 all #'s are monthly.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    My last apartment the electric bill was around $700 a month. Bought a house and now it's around $130. I don't like to sweat while I'm indoors my ac is always blasting fat Eskimos riding snow flakes.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    My last apartment the electric bill was around $700 a month. Bought a house and now it's around $130. I don't like to sweat while I'm indoors my ac is always blasting fat Eskimos riding snow flakes.

omg wtf?!?

I'm seriously hoping that was a typo and supposed to be $70. That's about the average for my apartment so far up to maybe mid $150s during the summer.

CRozek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Dallas
    I had a college roommate in Michigan that one month turned off the heat completely (it was electric) and would just turn it on full blast for like and hour when she got cold. $450 later.... =/

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    No typo it was $700 a month. It was one of those joint electric places 1 meter per 6 apartments and the rest was filled with katrina welfare parasites so since they didn't have to pay the bills they just left the ac running all summer whether they were home or not. had a whore house operating next door to.

Watchdog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio
    No typo it was $700 a month. It was one of those joint electric places 1 meter per 6 apartments and the rest was filled with katrina welfare parasites so since they didn't have to pay the bills they just left the ac running all summer whether they were home or not. had a whore house operating next door to.

I would say at least you had a place nearby to spend your $ with neighbors like that, but with a $700/mo electric bill I can't imagine you had much $ left. Damn.

Top Bottom