Gun Zone Deals

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Didn’t plan on using my 6mm creedmoor for hunting, but I was ordering powder last week, and MidSouth had Sierra 90 grain tipped Game King factory seconds for $25 a box of 100. Figured even if 1/3 were bad, it would still be a halfway decent deal. Found a few with broken tips, but not many. Worked up a load with IMR4350, and sent them across the chrono this morning. At the max charge weight (43.7), 5 shots averaged just over 3,300 fps, and shot a .30” group. May not be a bad hunting round. May take it in case I get a shot at a coyote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    wyle e cyote.jpg
    Military Camp

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Typical ackley or more of something like the Sherman short mag stuff?

Sherman cartridges set the shoulders back a good bit on the case and shorten it overall. I did this one in Ackley fashion by blowing the shoulder forward and removing most of the taper out of the case but the angle is steeper at 45°.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    I was going to order a 1/4-28 ( old style) bullet seater plug in .45, but no. New style is 1/2-20. No one has any in stock and RCBS and Lee no longer produce them, they were the last to do so. Now by special order only. They used to run 5 to 6 bucks, 30 bucks and 30 days, now. I have some 1/2 rod stock so I can make one. Its raining and will for the rest of the day so off to the shop to spend a few hours making a 6 dollar part.

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    Finally got the couple thousand 44 mag brass cleaned up then moved to the 1000 357 mag cases cleaned only to find they were half 38 spec.

Started my Pawn shop job(Sunday/Monday off but working my book job on Mondays)then found I still need to size all the brass.

Thanks to my Lake Fork buddy anyway!

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Emptied a storage locker a while back and been going through the stuff I brought home. Mostly stuff I bought at an estate sale.

Found a bunch of projectiles in a bucket. 9, 40, 45ACP and 44. Moved them from brittle plastic bags to some plastic peanut containers. At my age I likely won’t ever need to buy any for those calibers. I haven’t loaded most of those in a decade.

rr2241tx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    San Marcos
    Received an immoderate number of 25-20 Winchester brass, virgin R-P, and an equally senseless amount of Hornady 60 gr FP bullets. The bullets are in old Hornady boxes, so I expect the brass, although unused, is likely also from the 1980s. They won’t be unused at my estate sale.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Received an immoderate number of 25-20 Winchester brass, virgin R-P, and an equally senseless amount of Hornady 60 gr FP bullets. The bullets are in old Hornady boxes, so I expect the brass, although unused, is likely also from the 1980s. They won’t be unused at my estate sale.
    You don't hear that everyday.

Top Bottom