Patriot Mobile

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Bought three Lee Hand loaders at the Ballinger Gun Show. $5 each for .270 Win, .243, and .308 Win. One is $35 (or more) on Ebay. Also go 30 x 300 Win Mag brass for $20.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Today I loaded up 500 federal HSTs for defense rounds. At about the 460 mark I remembered I had primed them with mag primers but used my old data which called for regular primers. Going to head to the range this weekend with the chronograph and clock a few and see how fast they're going. If they're too fast I'm going to have to pull them all.

Also going to test a few loads for the 45 using 2 different bullets and see how they do for accuracy in the XDm. On top of that I'm also testing some +p 38 loads in the lever action to see how they shoot.

It's going to be a busy range trip.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    I got 2 lbs of IMR4350 from Midway last week, so I’m gonna test it out tomorrow. Loaded up some 6.5 Creedmoor with Hornady 140 grain HPBT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Range day today. Testing 5 loads on the 243, some 45s, some 38s, and some 9s. Got enough data to start loading each of them.

Tested 4 loads each of 2 different bullets for the 45. One bullet profile is too long and jams the lands so I'll skip using those.

I also tested my 9mm I loaded with mag primers across the Chrono. They actually show no velocity gain over the standard primers and are still well below federal's +p loads with the same bullet. I realize pressure and velocity aren't exactly parallels of each other but I feel safe with them where they're at. They're also longer OAL than federal loads this bullet for their factory loads and longer than load data called for.

I need to invest in a pressuretrace chamber pressure tester I guess.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Nothing reloaded but I repurposed a dispatch cabinet from an elevator controller.

Mounted some angles and powder coated sheet metal for shelves.

I've turned it into my reloading cabinet. Dies, books, projectiles, 550 and turret press all fit inside.

I have a second cabinet with the same dimensions from the same elevator controller.
    bbf46be02791c65856f06da2df039ca5.jpg

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Got some junk off my loading bench after a remodel of another room.

I think I can actually load on my bench now.

ready to do loads for a ladder test on 224 Valkyrie loads. Picked my bullets and powder charges. Planning to prime some processed cases tonight.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Picked up a lb of H4831 last week so I loaded up some .270 with 140 grain SST’s, and ran them across the chrono. I loaded right up to about 1 grain below max, and was getting 1/2” groups averaging 2,980 FPS. No pressure signs at all, so I’m gonna load up a few more, working up to the max charge and see if I can keep the groups tight and get a few more FPS.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Picked up a lb of H4831 last week so I loaded up some .270 with 140 grain SST’s, and ran them across the chrono. I loaded right up to about 1 grain below max, and was getting 1/2” groups averaging 2,980 FPS. No pressure signs at all, so I’m gonna load up a few more, working up to the max charge and see if I can keep the groups tight and get a few more FPS.

Why push it? Take what you have and run with it. Just my opinion though, of course.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Why push it? Take what you have and run with it. Just my opinion though, of course.

Because I can never leave well enough alone! And it’s a great excuse to go back to the range! I’m only gonna load up 3 each of 3 different charges.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Today I can't find the battery cover on my electronic powder measuring scale. Duck tape works OK but I'm still looking for the little black plate that covers the batteries! Damn it!
    Edit to add: I hurt my knee trying to kick myself in the ass for losin' it!

scattergun6

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 17, 2021
    San Antonio
    Finally finished up loading the 50 pieces of 6.5 PRC brass I prepped and loaded the other day. Three different loads with H1000 and two different charges with MagPro, 10 rounds per...gotta get to the range tomorrow to see how the Browning likes them.

Top Bottom