Patriot Mobile

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Bought 14k primers off Craigslist. Federal NOS,,,, 5k SP 4K SR, 3K LP, 2K LRM. No I'm not selling any.
    Nice score! How much for them?

I stopped at bass pro today and checked for primers but they didn't have any. Better luck next time.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    You know Craigslist has a thing about gun stuff. I know they don't watch it too much though. See lots of reloading gear.

Austinpilot69

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 9, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Unfortunately I just came across a screen shot of someone on this website selling 5k of primers for $900. Wonder if that listing is still posted..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    You know Craigslist has a thing about gun stuff. I know they don't watch it too much though. See lots of reloading gear.

I'm aware of that. I found the ad a few minutes after it had been posted and called him Abt 2 hours later they were in my hands.

Reloading gear is fine, just no bullets, etc...

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    Picked up some 357 mag 158grain bullets and a box of CCI 22lr

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I got out and shot some 223 and 9 reloads yesterday. Decided to look over some chronograph data and the damn battery crapped out. Of course not a single 9v to be found. From what I did see I'm pretty sure I have some 115gr xtps going about 1250fps through a 5" gun. Which matches Wilson combats +p load with the same bullet.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Well the data is there. Even as the display was fading it was recording shots. I had 2 loads over 4.45 and 4.7gr titegroup. I could barely make out the numbers as I was wrapping up those 2 ten shot strings but I'm confident it's all recorded.

I had to run them short to ensure they would chamber in a cz75 as well as sig xfull, x five and and GP xcalibur. At 1.075" I thought I was ok since I was a touch under max. All brass looked fine. I also shot my older SD load with golden sabers(124gr) which have a much smoother recoil impulse at 4.3gr. Those may even group better than the XTPs.

Sadly they discontinued the classic golden sabers and now only load the black belt version which I couldn't find for sale anywhere as a projectile. I guess I load my last 150 or so and hope I never need to use them.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Loaded up 40 rounds of 6.5 creedmoor with Hornady 147 grain ELD Match bullets, and Superformance powder.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Got my Chrono data...

115gr xtp 4.45+/- .05 gr titegroup

1198 fps SD 5

115gr xtp 4.7 gr titegroup

1249 fps SD 3

The second load is a keeper. It shot tight and ran 2 pistols perfectly. Also may be the lowest SD I've ever had in a handgun load, especially across 10 rounds. I feel confident to pump out a few hundred now. Even going to use some new starline nickel cases I recently bought from another TGT member. I guess that's a post for another day.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Been at home with the Rona for a week now quarantined to my bed. Today I went out to the garage and sorted through some stuff and weighed a bunch of bullets to make sure there's no hidden surprises. Still not loading anything though. Too hot out there.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom