APOD Firearms

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I try to stay away from Walmart, but when I go I check the ammo counter. More often than not they have something. Over the past year I filled up an ammo can with 22LR and 22 mag.

stopped by today and the Garland Walmart had one box of Winchester Wildcat 22. Plastic box of 100 for $8. Also had two boxes Rem green box 243, around $20.

Last edited:

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    What bullet do you load in your 38s? I was gifted about 300 125s and 158s so I need to load those so I can make a decision on which die to get(unless I find one for sale)so I can get to casting.
    I just picked up a box of acme 125gr bullets for 38s because they were available. I like to run lighter bullets in pistol calibers anyway as a personal preference. I'm loading these for my new lever action though. I need to get a mould though and start casting for it.
    9c76012ad6171755ea471c8c705925fd.jpg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MTA

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Had some time in the shed so I loaded up 2 more boxes of .45.
    Want to go to the range this weekend and practice some more. Getting rusty.

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    I ordered 300 Starline .357 cases because they were there. I called my buddy(cause he’s my buddy!)and offered some to him and he told me I was welcome to one of the five 5 gal buckets in his garage but he only guaranteed 80% 357 cases.

Oh well, got to keep up with my commitments!

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    I'm getting real sick of the Lee auto-drum

There are some powders that leak like crazy through mine, and others work like a charm, and will throw consistenly all day. One thing I’ve found that works if you are leaking powder, take it apart and clean the hell out of it. It usually will stop the finer powders from leaking through (for a while anyway. Then it gets dirty again, and you’re back to taking it apart again or switching powders)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I'm using WC844 powder which is a fine ball powder. I've accepted the leaking as a fact of life with this powder. I'm having trouble with it not resetting though. It's frustrating. I need something better.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    There are some powders that leak like crazy through mine, and others work like a charm, and will throw consistenly all day. One thing I’ve found that works if you are leaking powder, take it apart and clean the hell out of it. It usually will stop the finer powders from leaking through (for a while anyway. Then it gets dirty again, and you’re back to taking it apart again or switching powders)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    True Blue must be 99% water the way it leaks.

Top Bottom