Capitol Armory ad

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    4.32 cents... That makes more sense.

Seems like $4 a tray is normal for academy and most other places around these days.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Yep. I paid $39.99/brick for LRP there. Tons cheaper than paying scalper prices on Gun Broker.
    DK Firearms

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Yep. I paid $39.99/brick for LRP there. Tons cheaper than paying scalper prices on Gun Broker.
    Yep. Beats buying online and paying hazmat, too. Gone are the days of the $20/k s&b primers. Speaking of, I just used my last ones earlier this year. If I ever see those prices again you bet I'll be emptying my bank acct for them!

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    4.32 cents... That makes more sense.

Seems like $4 a tray is normal for academy and most other places around these days.

It's been around $4 a tray for a few years now. When I lived by an Academy, I'd buy a few boxes every now and then to hold me over until I got around to ordering a big hazmat order from MSS or Grafs.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Picked up some CFE Black. Need to start reloading some 300blk ammo.
    Anyone have some good recipes. I'm running a 8.3" BA Hanson barrel 1:7 twist, suppressed.

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    Bought 2k of no 41 small rifle primers from bullet hole range... they had 2 more boxes of 41 and about 6 of large rifle primers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I put a different scope on my 450 and took it to the range. Took a half dozen shots to get it somewhat zeroed enough to test groups but then I tested 3 loads of 240gr XTPs. 2 of the loads worked well at 25 yards so I'm going to load more and take it out to 100 and see how each one compares. I know 25 isn't a lot but I had limited time to get the scope on paper and test for any kind of group.

On a side note, I'm thinking of buying a bunch of 40cal repack boxes. I'll have to buy 30 minimum but only need half of that. Anyone else interested in going on on an order of 40cal boxes? Or for that matter going in on any of their boxes for an order? They're great storage boxes. I use them for about 10 different calibers so far.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Too hot in the garage to do anything. Too hot out to cast anything. Instead I started coating so me of my boolits last night. Coated about 600 9mm. Tonight I'll start on 45s.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I finally learned how to make my de-capping die work right and de-primed all my 9mm's.

Next up will be priming for the first time.
    Did you size the brass?

I deprime my rifle brass before i tumble. Then size and prime.

My pistol gets tumbled with primers, then i deprime with my sizing die.

Just making sure you are sized before you prime.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I put a different scope on my 450 and took it to the range. Took a half dozen shots to get it somewhat zeroed enough to test groups but then I tested 3 loads of 240gr XTPs. 2 of the loads worked well at 25 yards so I'm going to load more and take it out to 100 and see how each one compares. I know 25 isn't a lot but I had limited time to get the scope on paper and test for any kind of group.

On a side note, I'm thinking of buying a bunch of 40cal repack boxes. I'll have to buy 30 minimum but only need half of that. Anyone else interested in going on on an order of 40cal boxes? Or for that matter going in on any of their boxes for an order? They're great storage boxes. I use them for about 10 different calibers so far.

Got a link to the boxes?

Dancing Heretik

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Did you size the brass?

I deprime my rifle brass before i tumble. Then size and prime.

My pistol gets tumbled with primers, then i deprime with my sizing die.

Just making sure you are sized before you prime.

Oops. Yes, of course. I was just trying to say 'Onward', and it was late. But, thanks for reminding me. No telling what stupid things I might do the first time.

Top Bottom