What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RankAmateur

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2022
    New England
    It’s a Remington 700 sps Tac. 20” hvy barrel. Here is the initial group when I discovered it on load development.
    View attachment 319077 View attachment 319078
    Nice. Like the Bravo chassis too. How much POI have you noted with the MagnetoSpeed? I saw a full inch at 100 yds with a 23” heavy barrel on my 308 bolt gun. Interestingly, it was also slightly left shifted. Love the chrono, BTW.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Nice. Like the Bravo chassis too. How much POI have you noted with the MagnetoSpeed? I saw a full inch at 100 yds with a 23” heavy barrel on my 308 bolt gun. Interestingly, it was also slightly left shifted. Love the chrono, BTW.
    My magnetospeed sent them all over the place. I wouldn't worry about groups using it. Take it off then try for groups with the most consistent loads

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Import

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Copperas Cove
    It sounds like you Magnetospeed owners are generally pretty happy. That's something to put on my wish list.

This is going to sound pathetic, but I realized I need to reorganize (i.e. organize) my stuff better. So off to Walmart tonight to get some plastic crates/tubs so I have one crate for just .223 brass, one for .243, etc.

Something I've been working on during COVID is creating an Excel spreadsheet to log owned firearms, ammo in inventory, and now reloading supplies. Need to add reloading tools since some are a bit pricy.

RankAmateur

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2022
    New England
    IMG_2086.jpg

Quick set of 25 match rounds in .30BR for a club Varmint for Score event. 118gr Bib 10 Ogive bullets over 33gr H4198, CCI BR4s, in annealed Lapua brass. Nothing I own is as precise or accurate (and yes, the shooter is definitely the weak link!).

Txmark

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Mustang Ridge
    View attachment 320000
    Quick set of 25 match rounds in .30BR for a club Varmint for Score event. 118gr Bib 10 Ogive bullets over 33gr H4198, CCI BR4s, in annealed Lapua brass. Nothing I own is as precise or accurate (and yes, the shooter is definitely the weak link!).

Can’t seem to find H4198 here in Central Texas. Myself and several others at our matches are using LT30. I’m currently running 118 Eazor’s in my 30br with 34.1 grains of LT30 and have pretty good results. I’m also running LT32 in my 6PPC and 22br.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RankAmateur

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2022
    New England
    Can’t seem to find H4198 here in Central Texas. Myself and several others at our matches are using LT30. I’m currently running 118 Eazor’s in my 30br with 34.1 grains of LT30 and have pretty good results. I’m also running LT32 in my 6PPC and 22br.

@Txmark, No different here in New England. I have 8 lbs of H4198 left that I use sparingly. I also picked up 8 lbs of N130 as a substitute at the recommendation of R.G. Robinett, but haven't used it yet. Speaking of whom, I have an order of his bullets awaiting fulfillment for a number of months, and so am using the BIB bullets sparingly. Do you have experience/opinion of a comparison between the Eazor's and BIBs at 118gr?

I also went to LT-30 last year, and have been using it exclusively under varmint bullets with surprisingly good results (I prefer the Nosler 110gr Varmageddons). Precision is nearly indistinguishable from match bullets and H4198 at 100yds. Of course, as always, the gun and ammo are better than I am, so my inability to distinguish a difference is most likely due to my shooting abilities and not to the lack of real differences in the load.

I've also honestly been spending a LOT more time with my .308Win lately. New rifle and a screamer node using 125gr SMKs. Just can't stop grinning!

Last edited:

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    What I do today? Spent way too much on a brick of LRP! Been seeing them online for $140 a brick plus shipping and hazmat. So when I saw a guy locally was selling them for the same price, but I didn’t have to worry about shipping, I went ahead and got ‘em.

Top Bottom