What did you do today in the world of reloading?

robertc1024

Staff member
TGT Supporter
Jan 22, 2013
San Marcos
Haven’t had the opportunity to reload any 6.5 CM, but the Hornady factory ammo, using the 147 grain ELD round, is by far the most accurate round I’ve ever shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These are kinda long range plinking loads. I've got a stash of Berger 140g's and some Lapua brass so I can get serious. Also prepped some .223 & .44 mag brass. I seem to reload in waves. Haven't done much in a while. I need to set the progressive up to pound out some more .38 special. I seem to shoot a lot of that.

xdmikey

Well-Known
Nov 27, 2009
cypress, tx
What bullet do you load in your 38s? I was gifted about 300 125s and 158s so I need to load those so I can make a decision on which die to get(unless I find one for sale)so I can get to casting.

Ozzman

Aug 17, 2015
El Paso, Texas
What bullet do you load in your 38s? I was gifted about 300 125s and 158s so I need to load those so I can make a decision on which die to get(unless I find one for sale)so I can get to casting.
Both bullets are good and have their niche.

The standard bullet weight is 158 grains for both .38 Special and .357 magnum; however, I tend to prefer the 125's for snub nose revolvers.

What do you mean which die to get?
Were you referring to bullet molds instead? The second half of your question didn't make sense.

Typically, a set of dies will work for both .357 and .38 special due to the straight-walled case. With a few minor length adjustments, you can easily do both in one sitting.

As far as bullet molds go, Lee Precision has a pretty good lineup of styles. Personally, my go-to mold for the caliber is 90319 (https://leeprecision.com/mold-6-cav-tl358-158-2r.html). I like to use powder coat thus bullet-style works best for me.

Whichever mold you buy, I also recommend that you also get a bullet sizer as well:

robertc1024

Staff member
TGT Supporter
Jan 22, 2013
San Marcos
Pretty much whatever I can find these days. I've loaded lots of both of those weights. For plinking loads I've used thousands of the 158g Hornady semi wad-cutter lead cowboy rounds. I use the same die set for my .357's, but have different bullets for those. For my low level .357's, I've used a lot of the Xtreme hollow points (they have a thicker plating so you can run them hotter.) For full-house .357's, I usually use 158g jacketed bullets.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics

Threads