What did you do today in the world of reloading?

Deavis

Oct 20, 2011
Austin
Apparently nothing.
They were just "cowboy" loads, and he saw the value of the primed cases, rather than the load itself.

Personally, for .38 special I would just shoot them. Cowboy loads work fine through the snubbies, but it is becoming painfully clear that saving the primers and/or using them for full power loads are now worth the "extra" effort these days.
Hmm, I would shoot them too. Gastest way to pull bullets. Even if you had to pay 150 bucks for primers, the hours of frustration pulling them isn't worth that amount of money. Then again I value my time and it is fun to watch cowboy loads plummet after 15 yards. Good hold over practice!

c.tiberius

Apr 28, 2015
I will probably save about 200 for when I take my wife shooting, she doesn’t want to shoot full power.38 so this will be perfect for her. The 200 or so rounds that seem to be loaded in brand new starline brass I will pull and repurpose. Already pulled about 150.
Not a biggie, listening to a book while I slam away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2010
DFW
Primed all my 224 Valkyrie cases this morning. Will develop some ladder test rounds later this weekend.

it was interesting that the Fed cases loaded super easy. But the Hornady cases were harder to push the primer into. And I had to actually ream some of those cases due to part of the old primer being still in the primer pocket. It’s rare to see primers tear like that.

Lonesome Dove

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Sep 25, 2018
Texas
Just got back
From fire forming 7-30 brass. Well actually just went shooting and got some brass out of the deal.
Side note... I am now a strong believer that fire forming for this round is useless. Factory and handloads all performed equally.

mad88minute

Oct 13, 2017
Houston
Primed all my 224 Valkyrie cases this morning. Will develop some ladder test rounds later this weekend.

it was interesting that the Fed cases loaded super easy. But the Hornady cases were harder to push the primer into. And I had to actually ream some of those cases due to part of the old primer being still in the primer pocket. It’s rare to see primers tear like that.
I have seen primers tear quiet often sizing 40S&W.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

xdmikey

Well-Known
Nov 27, 2009
cypress, tx
Cast a few hundred bullets the last few nights. Yesterday one of my daughters was asking about powder coating so I decided to show her how it's done. She picked the colors. Yellow with a little purple sprinkled over the top lightly

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Your yellow covers big boolits much better than my yellow did on little bullets!

Primary

TexasGunTalk Assistant
Here are some related products that TexasGunTalk members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TexasGunTalk’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TexasGunTalk discussions about these products.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads