APOD Firearms

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I bought some tarnished 45 brass a few months ago. I’ve been slowly resize /depriming them.

I think I’ll knock the rest out his morning. . Once it warms up I’m going to try to freshen them up with an acid bath.
    Hurley's Gold

JTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2024
    Central
    Maker Rex makes some good bullets, so, I was re-upping the stock. Placed an order, then realized I was one item away from free shipping. So, my mistake, I hit the "contact us" and simply put "please cancel order xxxx as I am placing another with items added to qualify for free shipping". Well, I was told that part of the webpage "doesn't work" after I called. It of course had both orders. Wallet isn't thrilled, but I can't find it in me to be too upset.
    1000015918.jpg

Last edited:

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I'm waiting on the boss man to shoot his test loads before I can start cranking out those grendels for him so decided I'd clean a little and start boxing up the 9s I've been working on. I got 19 boxes packed up so far and set up the press for another run tomorrow. I'm half tempted to go back to just storing these rounds in plastic sandwich bags to make life easier.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

xkon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2020
    Houston
    1800 rounds for the day. Calling it quits. Took some breaks and also had to deal with the shell plate holder screw snap on the dillon square deal press. First time I've had a part break on one. Shell plate stuck in the up position with brass in the dies. Had to use a pencil eraser to back out the bolt from the threads in the press then use a punch to get the brass and shell holder out from the dies. Set me back a bit, otherwise would have been over 2k for today. 20240424_181735.jpg

Brassguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 15, 2017
    Wichita Falls
    1800 rounds for the day. Calling it quits. Took some breaks and also had to deal with the shell plate holder screw snap on the dillon square deal press. First time I've had a part break on one. Shell plate stuck in the up position with brass in the dies. Had to use a pencil eraser to back out the bolt from the threads in the press then use a punch to get the brass and shell holder out from the dies. Set me back a bit, otherwise would have been over 2k for today. View attachment 448425
    I had the same thing happen on my SDB last summer. Called customer service and they had a replacement part in the mail to me that day (love that customer service). Customer service says that it is not a uncommon breakdown so they sent me a couple shell plate bolts.

Top Bottom